crowded!!!

asmith

if i make it like this :

table1 :

filed1 filed2 filed3 filed 4.....filed 100  users_click_count (field)

if user1  record something to filed1 , the "users_clicked_count" would update to 1 , then any user record  anything to any field, the "user_click_count" add one up .

i want to know if 100 users click to record at the same time, what happens ?

can sql do it right ? or all the things will messed up?

(the next question is when a site get too much crowded , and too much recoring to database at the same time, what happens ? and of course what is the solution?)

Okay i think i no what u mean...

The database will have no problem execusting the queries you are describing even if it means that 100 people or more do do it at the same time. Of course you'll need to use Php and mysql to do what u were describing.

Lets take it that you have one million people all executing these queries on your databse. Their will be one problem... i thikn its to do with CPU usage. You see everytime you run a query, your using up some of your database cpu (monthly). If the db cpu goes to 0 then ur pages won't show up (the viewers will get errors similiar to 404 also known as no such page errors).

I think the only fix to this is making your queries more efficient and probably getting more CPU from ur host.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.