SMF Modification

I dont know if one exists, but it would be easy to make.

When making a new topic, have a javascript alert box popup and echo the forum's description, along with a reminder to Search for an answer before posting.

There are multiple instances of the exact same question on the same page of a forum sometimes... kind of annoying

just a thought :D

After someone already wrote all of the details and all of the info in his post, you want to ask him to stop, go to search, and then if he can't find anything that he finds helpful post? Why do you think someone will do that? I mean, they already wrote everything.

If one didn't search from the first place, what are the chances that he will do that now?

There are multiple instances of the exact same question on the same page of a forum sometimes... kind of annoying

I think a javascript pop-up can be even more annoying.

If you know that a certain question was already answered before in a certain topic, you can refer the poster to that topic.

Just my thought...

Orio.

P.S.

As far as I know phpfreaks doesn't like messing with SMF's source code anyway... And even if they do, I don't think this mod is worth the trouble.

It doesnt have to be an alert box.. it could maybe be something on the new topic page (that is easily read before posting).. some people don't know of the search feature. I would think that if a user could search and find a solution rather than typing a longass post, they would choose to search.

Some people just don't know of the search function

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.