Help with Array_multisort

djanim8

OK I don't know if I'm tired or what, but I can't figure out this array multisort thing..

I have a bunch of records with songs that were requested, selected by DISTINCT and then getting the number of records of each song, then inputing this data:

$requestArray[$arNum] = array($songCount, $countRow['title'], $countRow['artist'], $countRow['disc'], $countRow['track'], $countRow['genre']);

Then I want to sort it by the genre, and the songCount like this:

array_multisort($requestArray[5], SORT_ASC, SORT_STRING, $requestArray[0], SORT_NUMERIC, SORT_DESC);

And it won't sort... so what am I missing, what am I doing wrong?

btw.. for some reason it it does this on the very first row:

Genre_____________________Artist__Song__Disc____________________Track_______# Reqs

Country - 2000 - Vol. 14______17_____6____Cross Canadian Ragweed___Country______

when it should look like this:

Genre______Artist__________________Song__Disc___________________Track____# Reqs

Country____Cross Canadian Ragweed___17___Country - 2000 - Vol. 14___6________1

and I have NO idea why, it only does it on the sort...

will this sort the whole array?

Yes.

I don't completley understand what was going on in that function LOL

usort passes each pair of array elements for comparison ($a and $b) to the function. If $a should sort before $b, returns a number < 0. If a should sort below b, returns a number > 0; If they are equal, return 0.

(www.php.net/usort)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.