https:// page's stupid padlock has a line through it sometimes.

micah1701

I have a home-made shopping cart application that runs about 100 transactions through it a day.

In the last 4 months I have had 3 complaints from people stating that our page is not encrypted because their browser said that part of the page was not secure.

The first 2 times I just assumed it was user error or stupidity but this last time it was my boss who noticed it (he saw it once but hasn't seen it again).  I can't duplicate the error - the page is compliant every time I, or just about anyone else, looks at it.

Every included image or javascript file is also stored in the same folder as the rest of the application on the SSL side of the site and there are no links or included files from anywhere else.  Its a total mystery as to why this would happen (and happen so rarely).

Any suggestions for what else I should check?  Any known bugs in popular browsers like FireFox (which is what my boss was sing)?  ???

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.