Button creation/menu software

phpknight

Hi,

I am looking to get some software for button/menu creation that is pretty comprehensive.  I currently use www.buttongenerator.com, but it is limited in that it cannot change the height of the buttons, etc., and some of the settings are a bit quirky and do not always work correctly.

Does anybody have something that they use and would recommend?  I would prefer software, but I would take a website as long as it was fast.

Thanks!

kinda sidetracking your question, and without sounding rude, these types of buttons (at least the ones that i see on buttongenerator) are a little bit 'yesterday' and pretty ugly.

a smidgeon of Photoshop (or Fireworks/The GIMP, or any other half-decent graphics package) coupled with some clever CSS, and thing's will start to look a little bit better with 100% control over the results, rather than having to worry about the limitations of button generators.

Yeah, they could be much better.  But, I like to do php/mysql.  To get those buttons to line up just right and look good with Photoshop takes hours.  I would much rather use some sort of software to be able to concentrate on coding and not menus.  I could write my own, but I'd rather just pay some nominal fee to get a package.  That sort of project does not interest me.

I agree, though, which is why I am looking for software.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.