GPG

LemonInflux

Hello, I've recently come across GPG (http://www.gnupg.org/), and have heard it can be used for encryption on websites. I'm very interested in this, and am trying to install it. However, I can't work out how to install it. They have clear instructions for linux, but I'm running windows :/ I'd be very greatful if anyone could tell me; it goes into detail about how to encrypt locally, but nowhere near as much detail (if any) about how to encrypt remotely. Ideally, I want to use it to encrypt credit card numbers for e-commerce. Thanks in advance,

Tom.

This would only work if you want to store the details via the webserver, and collect them using a user account. I.E. if the web app only needs to write the info (and not read it), gpg will work ok. You would have to gpg the CC details column in MySQL. There is a gpg armour setting also which you can turn off to save some room in your CC column in mysql.

I would suggest getting gpg to encrypt files locally using 1 gpg key, and decrypt it with a private key.

Once you can do it locally, you can do a system() or other php function to gpg encrypt information from a form and store it in a DB.

Have a read of: http://wiki.kartbuilding.net/index.php/Gnupg

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.