need help of getting data from sql query

prakash

I have a sql query like

select table1.id, table2.id, field1, field2, field3 from table1, table2 where field1=table2.id order by field3

so my question is

how to to fetch table1.id or table2.id ?

using following is not working at all

$data1=$each_row['table1.id'];

$data2=$each_row['table2.id'];

so how can I get the same value above??

Maybe something like:

select table1.id as table1_id, table2.id as table2_id, field1, field2, field3 from table1, table2 where program_id=table2.id order by field3

Then:

$data1=$each_row['table1_id'];
$data2=$each_row['table2_id'];

Edit: On a side note, please tell me you edited your code down for simplicity of display. Otherwise, don't expect what you currently have to work at all.

Maybe something like:

select table1.id as table1_id, table2.id as table2_id, field1, field2, field3 from table1, table2 where program_id=table2.id order by field3

Then:

$data1=$each_row['table1_id'];
$data2=$each_row['table2_id'];

Edit: On a side note, please tell me you edited your code down for simplicity of display. Otherwise, don't expect what you currently have to work at all.

this is not working

while checking through phpmyadmin it output error like "Unknown column 'table2_id' in 'where clause' "

any help?

I was just being lazy, you need to finish the query. The [...] signified something that I removed. Putting the rest in:

SELECT table1.id AS table1_id, table2.id AS table2_id, field1, field2, field3 FROM table1, table2 WHERE field1=table2.id ORDER BY field3

there is just the differences of AS being capitalize and this is not working at all

any suggestion?

No, it's just easier to read. You can do it like as, As, aS or AS. It's case insensitive.

Edit:

Daniel0, I'm pretty sure I already suggested that. The only difference is the capitalization of the mysql statements; which I believe makes no difference?

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't notice.

I'm not sure if you can do this though:

from table1, table2 where

No, it's just easier to read. You can do it like as, As, aS or AS. It's case insensitive.

Edit:

Daniel0, I'm pretty sure I already suggested that. The only difference is the capitalization of the mysql statements; which I believe makes no difference?

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't notice.

I'm not sure if you can do this though:

from table1, table2 where

read the 7th post

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.