[SOLVED] Help from those that are in school

jordanwb

For my summative (final project) for my Design & Tech class I have to re-design a locker. This is a question to all those in school who have a locker: What would you like to have in a locker?

I currently have:

Small Safe

Adjustable coat hooks

Fingerprint Scanner

The project is due Wednesday. Thanks.

Yay I'm a forum regular now.

Way back when I was in school, we'd trudge through snow to get to school then place our slush and salt covered boots on the floor of the locker. By lunch time, there was a puddle of wet muddy slush on the bottom of the locker where you would not have to place our nice clean shoes. It would have been nice to have a grill on the bottom of the locker (like the one in the oven?) so the wet stuff could drain out.  I haven't had a locker for a long time...maybe they have evolved since then.

A handy rack to place a laptop on (and maybe a built-in wireless antenna to which you can connect your laptop for good connection) to use the school's wireless broadband for a day of downloading.

Who on Earth would be naive enough to put a laptop in a locker, or bring it to high school (or lower) in the first place?  I don't know about you guys, but where I went to school, anything valuable in locker == stolen.

And who would want to stand there in front of their locker to use a laptop?

A handy rack to place a laptop on (and maybe a built-in wireless antenna to which you can connect your laptop for good connection) to use the school's wireless broadband for a day of downloading.

Who on Earth would be naive enough to put a laptop in a locker, or bring it to high school (or lower) in the first place?  I don't know about you guys, but where I went to school, anything valuable in locker == stolen.

Nothing ever gets stolen from our lockers.

And you don't use it in front of your locker, you set some downloads in a cue and put it in your locker for downloading.

Nothing ever gets stolen from our lockers.

And you don't use it in front of your locker, you set some downloads in a cue and put it in your locker for downloading.

Yes, I'm sure that would fly by the school's IT department just fine.

I'm not trying to be a Negative Nancy or poo-poo ideas on a whim here, but one of the key points of designing anything is being realistic.

I'm not trying to be a Negative Nancy or poo-poo ideas on a whim here, but one of the key points of designing anything is being realistic.

A friend of mine suggested having a teacher in your locker. That is an example of stupid suggestions. I'm locking for sensible suggestions here.

A built-in wireless antenna is pretty realistic imo  :-\

It costs like $10 to make if you buy 1000 antennas, and if the locker has a safe and a fingerprint scanner, no laptop's going to be stolen, otherwise the money for the fingerprint scanner and the safe ($50-$100?) is more wasted than the antenna would be. >:(

And I don't know how it is in the US, but in Belgium, we have a limit of 10GB to 15GB a montht to download (at home), so if we can DL 2Gb a day at school, that's a pretty good deal for us. anyway, we put our laptops in our lockers, and we need an antenna to get a better connection in the iron box.

edit by neylitalo: Removed profanity.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.