No errors are displayed

Normally this is a good thing right?
Well I remember on my old server I could have lots of lovely red errors when I made a mistake with coding. These are just not there any more, the script stops, but no errors. Is there a way to turn these back on as I found them REALLY useful in debugging.

Thanks in advance.

Yes

To do so you must be able to have access to a file called php.ini and to be able to restart the webserver.

If have access to the abpve then find and edit your php.ini. Now fuind the following line:
[code]display_errors = Off[/code] change Off to [b]On[/b]

If you want your error messages to be red then find the following:
[code]; String to output before an error message.
;error_prepend_string = "<font color=ff0000>"

; String to output after an error message.
;error_append_string = "</font>"[/code]and remove the semi-colons infront of [b]error_prepend_string[/b] and [b]error_append_string[/b]

Now save your php.ini file and restart your webserver for the changes to be made.

Thanks.
I'm still having problems with the permissions for the folder that the php.ini is in. I should have full access to everything, but for some reason the write permissions are set to no (that's kinda what I want) but when I change them to allow tyhe upload of the php.ini via FTP it says permissions are such that I cannot put the file. I've tried to do it via SSH (is this right) but active X is not installed. I've looked at loads of tutorials and scripts to do this, I've tried logging in as everything I can (using the plesk control panel) but I can't find a way of allowing myself in. (weird saying it like that...)

I should have SSH access and FTP access to all of the domains on my server and can probably find the root folder of the server if I looked for it.

Please help. I'm like a dog chasing his tail - desperately - and not getting anywhere. - At least I now have a php.ini that does what I want it to do. I just can't get it on to the server...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.