[SOLVED] MY company Website

marksie1988

well i have been working on this site for a while still not all working yet though, you can see what is still to be done in the dev section

all constructive criticism welcomed :)

http://www.blconline.co.uk

EDIT: a test account with the username: demo123 and password: demo123 has been setup for you to test :)

thanks

Steve

Failed validation, 116 Errors :-[

Its rather dark for a professional site. That is something that I too struggle with... What are your potential customers hoping to see in your web site? I think most non-IT people would be scared or intimidated by neon-green and black...

Jos.

Your browser is not compatible with this website, you may see things on this website incorrectly unless you upgrade to firefox!
Is a no-no. You need to make it work for all the major browsers. Besides, I'm already using Firefox:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2

IMO it's too dark. Also, when I see a menu like yours I expect to be able to click anywhere on the "button" seeing as there are stripes going to the right, yet I have to move to the text itself to click it.

Thanks for all the input i am now looking into selective themes so that the theme can be changed to what you prefer to stop anoyances and i will make sure that this works correctly when i have chance to code it

Your browser is not compatible with this website, you may see things on this website incorrectly unless you upgrade to firefox!
Is a no-no. You need to make it work for all the major browsers. Besides, I'm already using Firefox:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2

IMO it's too dark. Also, when I see a menu like yours I expect to be able to click anywhere on the "button" seeing as there are stripes going to the right, yet I have to move to the text itself to click it.

and i agree that it should work with all browsers and it should do the only reason that it thinks yours isnt firefox is because its the new version which isnt yet in my script as its only a beta, also when using IE it says it isnt compatible but it is, i just havent got around to changing that yet :)

as for the menu i will look at a way to make the whole button clickable instead of just the text :)

To check if it's Firefox you can just do

if(stripos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'firefox') === false) // it's important to use the identical operator
{
echo 'you are not using firefox';
}

No need to match the entire user agent string.

oo thankyou :)

i was going to see if i could do that instead :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.