The worst thing about Programming

nuxy

Programming has been here for a very long time.

It's a way we talk to computers, and the way we make mistakes, leading the mindless things we call computers to execute something totally different than what we want.

A little bracket here, in a 700+ line script.. A little typo there..

All these small things leeds to us hating certain things of programming.

Like in C++, pointers, round-off of integers.

Also the amount of money you spend to learn new technologies..

Most things are the same in any programming language.

What would you think is the most .. annoying things cross-programming languages.

I personally think it is operators, pointing to the one way in a script can lead to something that is very, very hard to debug.

i dont spend money to learn new technology i earn to learn new technology..

i accept simple programming that uses diff programming language eg .net etc..

If i really think i need to learn the advance then i should apply for a JOB PROGRAMMING job

as a trainee.. you will never ever learn new thing in school once you learn the principle of programming

IMO :D

you will never ever learn new thing in school once you learn the principle of programming

IMO

I could not agree more with this statement, school will teach you programming techniques and concepts as a lot of them will be around for many years but a lot of stuff I am learning in school right now it a bit out dated(besides some concepts)

sorry i guess i dont explain it well.. maybe your college who's learning the principle of programming etc..

before i graduated i thought my mentor are that good but now that im more than years in this field i dont think they ca teach me that well when i found lots of their lessons wrong .. you will understand me once your out in that school and you work as pro coder.

The point in college courses is not to learn a specific technology; learning a specific technology would be a moot point in almost all cases since it will be out-dated by the time you graduate.  The point of college is not necessarily to learn all the underlying concepts of a specific area either, although there is no denying that is a large part of it.

As far as I'm concerned, attending college serves two purposes for the student:

1)  It teaches you how to think.  I'm grateful for all of the intelligent professors I had who taught me the underlying concepts of programming, but I'm even more grateful to the ones who helped me mature my mind.

2)  A degree on a resume is a sign that most HR people probably read as, "This person can put up with endless amounts of BS."

To answer the OP, nothing comes to mind when I try and think of the worst part of programming.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.