Bringing Code up to PHP 5

natcolley

Hello all.

I am new and this is my first post. I am working on a script the original developers gave up on 2 years ago. It’s not perfect but I’m assuming it is better than starting from scratch. I have no coding experience, so I am learning by working on this project. The original developers have posted to their site that they won't answer questions about it, and true to their word, when I wrote to them they ignored me. So they are out of the picture and that is what brought me here. I will have many many questions, many just trying to understand why things were done the way they were. Please bear with me. Thanks.

Here's the background for my first question. What little documentation there is says that the script needs PHP 4 and does not work on PHP 5. When you run the install script you get a big FAILED that tells you this again. I ran a google search and found this: http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,174527.0.html which is how I found this site.  (This forum post says upgrading to php 5 is pretty simple). I then went to the referenced php manual and searched in the code looking for all the backwards incompatible statements. I didn't find any. I also ran across a guy in Germany who is using this same script and he said to change the 'err++' to 'warn++' and it would install. So he was right….sort of. The administrative pages are all there as they should be and appear to work fine. But the shop, the part customers and web browsers would see, just come up a blank page. View source also is blank.

Where would you suggest I go from here? Thx.

Ok, this is the error log. It is outrageously long, way over the 40,000 character limit, so I cut it off after the fatal error. Most of the other errors that are not posted here were of the undefined index variety.

[Fri Jan 04 14:58:20 2008] [error] [client 209.240.64.163] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  restart in C:\\www\\webapps\\joomla\\phpMyTicket\\inst\\install.php on line 12, referer: http://www.tinytickets.com/phpmyticket/inst/install.php
[Fri Jan 04 14:58:20 2008] [error] [client 209.240.64.163] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  install in C:\\www\\webapps\\joomla\\phpMyTicket\\inst\\install.php on line 65, referer: http://www.tinytickets.com/phpmyticket/inst/install.php
[Fri Jan 04 14:58:20 2008] [error] [client 209.240.64.163] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  back_button in C:\\www\\webapps\\joomla\\phpMyTicket\\inst\\install.php on line 221, referer: http://www.tinytickets.com/phpmyticket/inst/install.php
[Fri Jan 04 14:58:20 2008] [error] [client 209.240.64.163] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  php_version in C:\\www\\webapps\\joomla\\phpMyTicket\\inst\\install.php on line 234, referer: http://www.tinytickets.com/phpmyticket/inst/install.php
[Fri Jan 04 14:58:20 2008] [error] [client 209.240.64.163] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  update in C:\\www\\webapps\\joomla\\phpMyTicket\\inst\\install.php on line 301, referer: http://www.tinytickets.com/phpmyticket/inst/install.php
[Fri Jan 04 14:59:15 2008] [error] [client 209.240.64.163] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  restart in C:\\www\\webapps\\joomla\\phpMyTicket\\inst\\install.php on line 12, referer: http://www.tinytickets.com/phpmyticket/inst/install.php
[Fri Jan 04 14:59:15 2008] [error] [client 209.240.64.163] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  copyright in C:\\www\\webapps\\joomla\\phpMyTicket\\inst\\install.php on line 78, referer: http://www.tinytickets.com/phpmyticket/inst/install.php
[Fri Jan 04 14:59:15 2008] [error] [client 209.240.64.163] PHP Warning:  mkdir() [<a href='function.mkdir'>function.mkdir</a>]: File exists in C:\\www\\webapps\\joomla\\phpMyTicket\\inst\\install.php on line 105, referer: http://www.tinytickets.com/phpmyticket/inst/install.php
[Fri Jan 04 14:59:15 2008] [error] [client 209.240.64.163] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: query in C:\\www\\webapps\\joomla\\phpMyTicket\\inst\\install.php on line 43, referer: http://www.tinytickets.com/phpmyticket/inst/install.php
[Fri Jan 04 15:05:38 2008] [error] [client 209.240.64.163] PHP Warning:  Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated;  If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of call_user_func().  If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file.   in C:\\www\\webapps\\joomla\\phpMyTicket\\includes\\classes\\MyCart.php on line 139
[Fri Jan 04 15:05:38 2008] [error] [client 209.240.64.163] PHP Warning:  Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated;  If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of call_user_func().  If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file.   in C:\\www\\webapps\\joomla\\phpMyTicket\\includes\\classes\\MyCart.php on line 139
[Fri Jan 04 15:05:38 2008] [error] [client 209.240.64.163] PHP Warning:  Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated;  If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name]().  If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file.   in C:\\www\\webapps\\joomla\\phpMyTicket\\includes\\classes\\MyCart.php on line 151
[Fri Jan 04 15:05:38 2008] [error] [client 209.240.64.163] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare Ticket::$seat_id in C:\\www\\webapps\\joomla\\phpMyTicket\\includes\\classes\\Ticket.php on line 46
[Fri Jan 04 15:06:24 2008] [error] [client 209.240.64.163] PHP Notice:  Undefined property:  stdClass::$auth_dsn in C:\\www\\webapps\\joomla\\phpMyTicket\\includes\\functions\\init.php on line 66, referer: http://www.tinytickets.com/phpmyticket/inst/install.php

I see there is a comment about 'delete .... to here' which relates to the mkdir error. But I will let wiser heads enlighten me. Thx.

<?php
$err=0;
$warn=0;
ini_set('max_execution_time',0);
@set_time_limit(0);
ini_set('auto_detect_line_endings',1);
@ini_set('display_errors',1);
//restore_include_path();

session_start();

if($_GET['restart']){
  unset($_SESSION['ini']);
header("Location: index.html");
exit;
}	

/*
  * mysql < dump.sql
  */
function file_to_db($filename){

if(!$lines=file($filename)){
     echo "<div class=err>ERROR: can not read $filename</div>";
     return 0;
   }

foreach($lines as $l){
     if(preg_match("/^\s*(#|--)/",$l)){
       //do no
     }else if(preg_match("/;\s*$/",$l)){
       $query=$query.substr($l,0,-1);
       if(!mysql_query($query)){
         echo "<div class=err>ERROR: cannot execute database query</div>
 <pre>
 $query
 </pre>";
         return 0;
       }
       $query='';
     }else{
       $query=$query.$l;
     }
   }

return 1;
}

?>
<html>
<head>
<title>phpMyTicket installation</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.phpmyticket.com/spip/style.css" type="text/css">
<style>
  .err {color:#dd0000;}
  .warn {color:#cc9900;}
  .ok {color:#00dd00;}
</style>
</head>
<body>

<?

if($_POST['install'] and $_POST['inst_button']){

echo '<table width=500><tr><td>';
$install_dir=$_SESSION['ini']['install_dir'];
$includes_dir=$install_dir."/includes";

if(!$init_common=file_get_contents("$install_dir/inst/init_common.php"))
  {
    echo "<div class='err'>Cannot read configuration file <i>
	$install_dir/inst/init_common.php</i></div>";
	exit;
  }else{
    function callback($matches){
      return $_SESSION['ini'][$matches[1]];
    }

$_SESSION['ini']['install_dir_esc']=addslashes($_SESSION['ini']['install_dir']);
    $_SESSION['ini']['full_include_path']=get_include_path().PATH_SEPARATOR.$_SESSION['ini']['install_dir'];

if($_SESSION['ini']['install_mode']=='install'){
	  $_SESSION['ini']['old_organizer_id']=3;
	}

$init_common=preg_replace_callback("/%(\w+)%/","callback",$init_common);

if(!$fh=fopen("$includes_dir/config/init_common.php",'w') or
       !fwrite($fh,$init_common) or
       !fclose($fh))
    {
      echo "<div class=err>Can not write configuration file $includes_dir/config/init_common.php</div>";
		exit;
    }
}

//with SAFEMODE: delete the following "IF" 
//after install create those folders by hand
//set access rights to 777

//delete from here->

if(!mkdir("$includes_dir/tmp/web") or
	 !mkdir("$includes_dir/tmp/web/templates_c") or
	 !mkdir("$includes_dir/tmp/web/cache") or
	 !mkdir("$includes_dir/tmp/pos") or
	 !mkdir("$includes_dir/tmp/pos/templates_c") or
	 !mkdir("$includes_dir/tmp/pos/cache"))
  {
      echo "<div class=warn>WARNING: can not create temporary folders under 
                           $includes_dir/tmp</div>";
		$warn++;										 
  }

//<-to here

if(!(mysql_connect($_SESSION['ini']['db_host'],$_SESSION['ini']['db_uname'],
                   $_SESSION['ini']['db_pass']) and       
								 mysql_select_db($_SESSION['ini']['db_name'])))
  {
	echo "<div class=err>ERROR: can not connect to the database</div>";
	exit;
}

//import contens of mysqldump to db
	if(file_to_db("$install_dir/inst/phpMyTicket.sql")){
      echo "<div class=ok>Database structure created</div>";
	}else{
		echo "<div class=err>ERROR: can not create database structure!</div>";
		exit;
	}

//create admin user
	$query ="update Admin set
					 admin_login='{$_SESSION['ini']['admin_login']}',
					 admin_password=md5('{$_SESSION['ini']['admin_password']}')
					 where
					 admin_id='3' and
					 admin_status='organizer'";   

if(mysql_query($query)){
		echo "<div class=ok>Admin user created</div>";
	}else{
		echo "<div class=err>ERROR: Admin user can not be created!</div>";
		exit;
	}

//force recompile of templates   
	$query ="UPDATE Template set template_status='new'";   
	mysql_query($query);

//because of a bug on my mac!
	$query ="ALTER TABLE `order` RENAME `Order`";   
	mysql_query($query);

}

else if($_SESSION['ini']['install_mode']=='update'){

//force recompile of templates
	$query ="UPDATE Template set template_status='new'";   
	mysql_query($query);
}

if(!$err){

if(!$warn){
      echo "<h1 class=ok>phpMyTicket was successfully installed</h1><hr><br>";
	}else{
      echo "<h1 class=warn>phpMyTicket was parially installed, with warnings!</h1><hr>
		Maybe it will not work!!! 
		<br>";
	}	

if($_SESSION['ini']['install_mode']=='update'){
		echo"<b>Attention!</b> If you have modified original smarty templates, 
		you will need to move and adapt them. You also need to re-upload all images ans mp3 files.";

}else{

echo"<b>Attention</b> Demo users was created for control and salepoint interfaces with login <i>demo</i>
		, password <i>demodemo</i>. <b>Please change those passwords in admin interface!!!</b>";
	}	

echo"
<div>For the security reasons you should put this file to read-only by webserver: <br>
<br> <tt>includes/config/init_common.php</tt></div>
<div>You also have to delete the <tt>inst</tt> folder.</div>
<br><br>     

<li><a href='../admin/index.php' target='_blank'>Go to Admin</a>. <br>
<li><a href='../index.php' target='_blank'>Go to Demo Shop</a> <br>
<li><a href='../pos/index.php' target='_blank'>Go to Demo Sale Point</a><br>
<li><a href='../control/index.php' target='_blank'>Go to Demo Ticket Control Point</a><br>

<br><br>
Please, say us if you run phpmyticket on your site : 
add your site to <a href='http://www.phpmyticket.com/en/live.html' target='_new'>'Live Sites'</a> page or
send us an email to <i>info at phpmyticket dot com</i> !
<br><br>
";

session_destroy();
      exit;
    }else{
      echo "<h1 class=err>phpMyTicket installation failed</h1><hr>
            <a href=''>Change parameters and try again?</a>";
		exit;
    }

echo "</td></tr></table>";
}else if($_POST['back_button']){
  unset($_SESSION['ini']);
}

?>
<h1 class="titre-texte">Welcome to phpMyTicket installation script!</h1>
<table width=500><tr><td>

<? 

//chechk php version

if(!$_SESSION['ini']['php_version']){
  $ver = explode('.',phpversion());
    if($ver[0]!=4){
      echo "<li><span class='err'>FAILED: php version 4 is required, You have php version ".phpversion()."</span></li>";
      $warn++;
    }else if($ver[1]<3 or $ver[2]<3){
      echo "<li><span class='warn'>WARNING: this program was tested with php version 4.3.3 or more. You have php version ".phpversion().". Probably this is not a problem.</span ></li>";
      $warn++;
   }else{
     echo "<div class=ok>php version is OK</div>";
     $_SESSION['ini']['php_version']=1;
   }	 
}

if(!function_exists('curl_init')){
      echo "<li><span class='warn'>WARNING: <a href='http://ch2.php.net/manual/en/ref.curl.php'>cURL</a> is not compiled in your php. cURL is used by paypal or authorize.net payment methods - you will be unable to use those. Install curl, or configure another network library in <i>'includes/config/init_common.php'</i></span ></li>";
      $warn++;
 }

if(!function_exists('iconv')){
      echo "<li><span class='warn'>WARNING: <a href='http://ch2.php.net/manual/en/ref.iconv.php'>iconv</a> is not compiled in your php. iconv is used to enable non-latin alphabets in PDF templates.</span ></li>";
      $warn++;
 }

if(!function_exists('xml_parser_create')){
      echo "<li><span class='warn'>WARNING: <a href='http://ch2.php.net/manual/en/ref.xml.php'>xml parser</a> is not compiled in your php. xml parser is used by email and pdf templates - you will be unable to print tickets and send emails</span ></li>";
      $warn++;
 }

if(!function_exists('openssl_seal')){
      echo "<li><span class='warn'>WARNING: <a href='http://ch2.php.net/manual/en/ref.openssl.php'>openssl</a> is not compiled in your php. openssl is used to encrypt credit card information - you will be unable to use this feature.</span ></li>";
      $warn++;
 }

if (ini_get('register_globals')) {	 
      echo "<li><span class='warn'>WARNING: For security reasons 'register_globals' should be 'OFF'. Read documentation for explanations.</span ></li>";
      $warn++;
 }

if(ini_get('safe_mode')){
      echo "<li><span class='warn'>WARNING: Your php is in 'SAFE MODE'. This can lead to problems during install (unable to create directory errors). Please read documentation.</span ></li>";
      $warn++;
 }

?>

<form action="" method="post">
<h4>New Install or Update?</h4>
Please choose if this is a new install or an update <b>from phpMyTicket-0.3.2</b>.
If you choose the update you should provide valid access parameters to your existing database.
Your current database will be reused<br>
<li><b>NB 1</b> Update is only possible from v.0.3.2<br>

<?

if($_POST['install_mode']){
  $_SESSION['ini']['install_mode']=$_POST['install_mode'];
}

if(!$install_mode=$_SESSION['ini']['install_mode']){
  $install_mode='install';
}

$chk[$install_mode]='checked';

echo "
<label><input type='radio' name='install_mode' value='install' ".$chk['install']."> New installation</label><br>
<label><input type='radio' name='install_mode' value='update' ".$chk['update']."> Update from v.0.3.2</label><br>
";
?>

<h4>Main directory</h4>
There is the directory where phpMyAdmin is installed. Fix if incorrect:<br>

<?
if($_POST['install_dir']){
  $_SESSION['ini']['install_dir']=$_POST['install_dir'];
}

if(!$install_dir=$_SESSION['ini']['install_dir']){
  $cwd=getcwd();
  $install_dir=substr($cwd,0,-5);
}
echo "<input name='install_dir' value='$install_dir' size='50'>";

if(!is_writable("$install_dir/includes/config/init_common.php")){
  echo "<div class=err>$install_dir/includes/config/init_common.php should be writable by the webserver user.</div> Please change the permissions of this file<br>";
  $err++;
}

if(!is_writable("$install_dir/includes/fonts")){
  echo "<div class=err>$install_dir/includes/fonts should be writable by the webserver user.</div> Please change the permissions of this directory<br>";
  $err++;
}

if(!file_exists("$install_dir/includes/tmp") and is_writable($install_dir."/includes") and mkdir("$install_dir/includes/tmp")){
  //thats ok
}else if(!is_writable("$install_dir/includes/tmp")){
  echo "<div class=err>$install_dir/includes/tmp should be writable by the webserver user.</div> Please change the permissions of this directory<br>";
  $err++;
}

if(!file_exists("$install_dir/files") and is_writable($install_dir) and mkdir("$install_dir/files")){
  //thats ok
}else if(!is_writable("$install_dir/files")){
  echo "<div class=err>$install_dir/files should be writable by the webserver user.</div> Please change the permissions of this directory<br>";
  $err++;
}

?>

<h4>Base URL</h4>
This is the URL of phpMyTicket files. Fix if incorrect:<br>

<?
if($_POST['root']){
  $_SESSION['ini']['root']=$_POST['root'];
}

if(!$root=$_SESSION['ini']['root']){
$root ="http://".$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
  $root .= substr($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'],0,-16);
}
echo "<input name='root' value='$root' size='50'>";

?>

<h4>Database connection</h4>
In order to run phpMyTicket a database should be created. 
Please create the database and provide access parameters here. For the update: 
please provide parameters of existing phpMyTicket database.
<table>

<?

if($_POST['db_host']){
  $_SESSION['ini']['db_host']=$_POST['db_host'];
}

if($_POST['db_name']){
  $_SESSION['ini']['db_name']=$_POST['db_name'];
}

if($_POST['db_uname']){
  $_SESSION['ini']['db_uname']=$_POST['db_uname'];
}

if($_POST['db_pass']){
  $_SESSION['ini']['db_pass']=$_POST['db_pass'];
}

if(!$_SESSION['ini']['db_host']){
  $db_host='localhost';
}else{
  $db_host=$_SESSION['ini']['db_host'];
}

echo "
<tr><td>Database host</td><td><input type=text name='db_host' value='$db_host'></td></tr>
<tr><td>Database name</td><td><input type=text name='db_name' value='{$_SESSION['ini']['db_name']}'></td></tr>
<tr><td>Database user name</td><td><input type=text name='db_uname' value='{$_SESSION['ini']['db_uname']}'></td></tr>
<tr><td>Database password</td><td><input type=text name='db_pass' value='{$_SESSION['ini']['db_pass']}'></td></tr>
</table>
";

if($_SESSION['ini']['db_host'] and $_SESSION['ini']['db_uname'] and $_SESSION['ini']['db_name']){
  if($db=mysql_connect($_SESSION['ini']['db_host'],$_SESSION['ini']['db_uname'],$_SESSION['ini']['db_pass'])){
    if(mysql_select_db($_SESSION['ini']['db_name'])){
      echo "<div class='ok'>Database connection verified OK</div>";

if($res=mysql_query("show variables like 'have_innodb'") and $v=mysql_fetch_row($res) and $v[1]=='YES'){
        echo "<div class=ok>InnoDB is supported by your mysql server</div>";

if($install_mode=='install'){
				if($res=mysql_list_tables($_SESSION['ini']['db_name']) and mysql_fetch_row($res)){
					 echo "<div class=err>ERROR: Selected database {$_SESSION['ini']['db_name']} is <b>not empty</b>!</div>";
					 $err++;
				} 
			}

if($install_mode=='update'){
				if($res=mysql_list_tables($_SESSION['ini']['db_name']) and !mysql_fetch_row($res)){
					 echo "<div class=err>ERROR: Selected database {$_SESSION['ini']['db_name']} is <b>empty</b>!</div>";
					 $err++;
				} 
			}

}else{
        echo "<div class=err>InnoDB is not supported by your mysql server. myPhpTicket requires innodb!</div>";
        $err++;
      }
    }else{
      echo "<div class='err'>Database server connection OK, but cannot use specified database</div>";
      $err++;
    }
  }else{
      echo "<div class='err'>Database server connection FAILED</div>";
      $err++;
  }
}else{
$err++;
}

?>

<h4>Admin login and password</h4>

Please choose the username and the password for the phpMyTicket super user<br>
  (Choose it even if you update, this will be your new login / password )<br>	
<table>

<?

if($_POST['admin_login']){
	$_SESSION['ini']['admin_login']=$_POST['admin_login'];
}

if($_POST['admin_password']){
	$_SESSION['ini']['admin_password']=$_POST['admin_password'];
}

echo "
<tr><td>Admin login</td><td><input type=text name='admin_login' value='{$_SESSION['ini']['admin_login']}'></td></tr>
<tr><td>Admin password (at least 6 letters)</td><td><input type=text name='admin_password' value='{$_SESSION['ini']['admin_password']}'></td></tr>
</table>
";

if(isset($_SESSION['ini']['admin_login']) and isset($_SESSION['ini']['admin_password'])){
	if(strlen($_SESSION['ini']['admin_login'])==0){
		echo "<div class=err>Please choose admin login</div>";
		$err++;
	}

if(strlen($_SESSION['ini']['admin_password'])<6){
		echo "<div class=err>Admin password should be at least 6 letters long</div>";
		$err++;
	}
}else{
	$err++;
}

}
?>

<hr>
<?
if($err){
  echo "<div class=warn>Please provide missing values and fix errors.</div>";  
  echo "<input type='submit' value='Continue'>";
  echo "<input type='reset' value='Reset'>";
}else{
  echo "<div class=ok>You are ready to install! Do not change anything more!</div>"; 
  echo "<input type=hidden name=install value=1>";
  echo "<input type='submit' name='inst_button' value='Install it now'>";
  echo "<div>If you need to change some parameters type 'Go Back' instead.</div>";
  echo "<input type='submit' name='back_button' value='Go back'>";
} 
?>
</form>
<a href='?restart=1'>restart install</a>
</td></tr></table>
</body>
</html>

• 2 weeks later...

Do not feel alone on this problem ;)

I have been working on this script for the past few months to bring it uptodate. and i keep finding more and more problems with it as i go along.

The biggest of all being th gay smarty system, its hard enough trying follow whats going on with out trying to learn how the smarty system works.

currently the only thing that doesnt work for me is payments.

apart from that its all Fab!

Do you want to have a copy of my code?

Don't add your own code problem onto an existing thread. Create your own new thread.

sorry i wasnt really posting a problem more making a statement :) If i have anyproblems i'll be sure to post my own thread didnt mean to offend anyone i'll try and help with this script as much as possible as its something I am currently working on.

I havented edited the install file accept to let it ignore requiring php4, what i have noticed is not that there is a problem with the php being out of date, you will have to update alot of the MySQL satements as they... well dont work mysql5 nor php5.

I see there is a comment about 'delete .... to here' which relates to the mkdir error. But I will let wiser heads enlighten me. thanks.

the mkdir error as you prob read is if you have tried to install it more than once it would create the directory, just delete the folders inside include/tmp/*

It's probably the variables the querry uses that need to be fixed.

its the way the querys were previosly written. for example this is how ive rewritten one:

$query="select * from Seat LEFT JOIN Discount ON Seat.seat_discount_id=Discount.discount_id 
		LEFT JOIN Event ON Seat.seat_event_id=Event.event_id
		LEFT JOIN Category ON Seat.seat_category_id=Category.category_id
		LEFT JOIN PlaceMapZone ON Seat.seat_zone_id=PlaceMapZone.pmz_id
		WHERE Seat.seat_order_id='".$order_id."' AND Event.event_organizer_id='$_SHOP->organizer_id'";

Where as it used to be written...

$query="select * from Seat LEFT JOIN Discount ON seat_discount_id=discount_id,
          Event,Category LEFT JOIN PlaceMapZone ON seat_zone_id=pmz_id where seat_order_id='".$order_id."'
  	  AND seat_event_id=event_id AND seat_category_id= category_id 

and event_organizer_id='$_SHOP->organizer_id'"; 

which is messy and kept or bring back errors.

That really isn't a PHP issue, that is a MySQL one, and it appears all you are doing is specifying a tablename.columnname instead of just the column name.  If there is only 1 column with that name, then you don't have to specify it.  So it sounds like more things changed than just the version of PHP.

Where you getting Column Name is ambigous errors?

That really isn't a PHP issue, that is a MySQL one, and it appears all you are doing is specifying a tablename.columnname instead of just the column name.  If there is only 1 column with that name, then you don't have to specify it.  So it sounds like more things changed than just the version of PHP.

Where you getting Column Name is ambigous errors?

you used to get 'on clause' errors could not find "seat_id" column.  yeh i added the extra names in just to make sure, i didnt think it was nessary. but what i did do was seperate the LEFT JOIN out, as soon as i did that it fixed the errors, just a naturally labled the columns first and never reveresed the proccess. but it works, the whole script over all has very few errors, mainly the larger sql statments need a retweek for mysql 5 as for any php, not much needs changing at all. Im going to post another topic with some of the problems im having.. lol.

cheers, chris

Hey Chris, thanks for keeping the thread alive. I just yesterday got my first notice that anyone had replied since my last bump and was surprised at all the other entries. Don't know why I was left out of the loop. Apparently you are working on the same script, so we should definitely stay in touch whether here or elsewhere. I'll send you a pm.

Did you start a new thread here? What's the name/topic so I can find it?

Hey Chris, thanks for keeping the thread alive. I just yesterday got my first notice that anyone had replied since my last bump and was surprised at all the other entries. Don't know why I was left out of the loop. Apparently you are working on the same script, so we should definitely stay in touch whether here or elsewhere. I'll send you a pm.

Did you start a new thread here? What's the name/topic so I can find it?

havent started a new thread yet mate. i'll let you know where and when ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.