What cms is this site built on?

werushka

No idea. To be honest i've never got on with having to learn other people's ways of doing things (and CMS systems are notoriously hard to customise. I started out with OSCommerce and I hated having to faff with all the code. So I decided to bite the bullet and build my own. - Now I do it for money. It's one of the best decisions I made- It's not going to be easy, but learning is a lot better than shouting at the screen coz you can't work out how to change someone else's work.

That probably doesn't help though, does it?

what makes you think it's built on a CMS of sorts? I'd stab a guess that they rolled their own for their specific needs - there's nothing hugely complex about the site. Most of the time, when a site is more like an "application" rather than mostly content, it's generally not a CMS due to how restrictive they can be.

if it's the sort of thing you want to learn about though, break the site down into bits - ie, rating, commenting, database storage/MySQL, user management/authentication (ie, for register/logins, etc) and look up on those scripts. i'd always advise looking up and learning how to make your own though, rather than just finding loads of little ones and piecing them all together, to avoid the clunky security mess you'll probably end up with.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.