middle of a script

asmith

hey guys :D

assume a script takes 30 sec to run completely.  a user will click the button , and the script would run.

now at the 15th sec of the script  , if the user click again on the button (if available) ,  what happens to the previous script ?

for example this script ( assume it takes 30 sec , each sql command takes 1 second)

insert into table1(name) value ('name1')
insert into table1(name) value ('name2')
insert into table1(name) value ('name3')

what happens if the user click at the middle of the running script ?

I assumed you were talking about a PHP script that does 30 seconds of processing. And, while the page is loading (processing) in a browser, they push the refresh 'button'. This basically means they are issuing an abort, then asking for the page again.

What am I missing here?

<input type="submit" value="Submit" onclick="this.disabled=true;">

that works and i have it on my page , but it is JAVA and can be disabled  , i want to deal with impatience users that got no JAVA .

i still don't know what happens if the user click on the submit button in the middle of the previous script running ??? ?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.