How should I do this? [mysql help!]

acidglitter

I've put this off for a while, because I'm worried that anyway I go about this it will kill my bandwidth and make my site load really slow, but I really want to find a way to fix this.. This is one of my sites:

http://zombieadds.com

And if you're not familiar with myspace friend adding sites, they way they work is you add someone to get a point, then the points reset once a day to be fair to people new to the site. I have a mysql table that has a new row inserted with your friend id and the person you're adding so you won't add the same person twice. BUT the table empties when the points reset.

I want to keep that, but I also want a table with will keep track of your friend id and every person you've EVER added, that way you never have to add the same person twice.. BUT that could easily end up having hundreds of thousands of rows in a week. And it seems like one table having like a million rows would slow the entire site down.. So does anyone have any ideas for how I could keep track, but without slowing down the loading time for my site?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.