[SOLVED] save .php file instead of execute

janim

hi guys

why i'm getting this error ??

when i click the link in ie6  it's prompt me with save as this page not executing it

but it works fine in firefox

here how i generate the link :

<a href="page.php?id=<?=$row[id]?>">Click here</a>

thanks

Rather than trying to change the file association - how about deleting it? It's not a long term solution, but it'd at least show us what the issue is.

If you're using XP, go to control panel > folder options > file types. Wait for the field to populate. If you type php, it'll find the relevant one. And then hit delete.

I can't remember what the problem was, but I do remember that it was due to the localhost factor..

if your doing this all on a local machine.. try changing your dns/proxy settings in IE to IP: 127.0.0.0 Port:80 or 8080 pending on your server settings..

Although If I remeber right it was cause of a conflict between my server and my OS.. the OS wanted to run the file but since it was being ran through IE, IE would tempt to  download it or make it seem like it was, cause it was a local file.. but when I made changed my settings above to match the local host and try to resolve through the host first it worked fine..

Warning note: Programs like AIM, MSN, and so on may go offline as they use the same settings.. just remember to switch everything back to the way it was after your done testing.. hopefully this helps.. it worked for me.. sorry I can't remember the exact problem that was causing it though.

check the file you are trying to run is named correctly. i.e there is no space between name and the .php. Not sure but its worth a shot. 

i did that everything is ok it opens in firefox fine

Rather than trying to change the file association - how about deleting it? It's not a long term solution, but it'd at least show us what the issue is.

If you're using XP, go to control panel > folder options > file types. Wait for the field to populate. If you type php, it'll find the relevant one. And then hit delete.

i did that too same pb but the deference that it's prompet to save unknown file called page.php

Is this a problem with all pages or that particular page?

no it's just with this page

<a href="page.php?id=<?=$row[id]?>">click here</a>

all other pages work fine

you can also try clearing all the cache and restart your server. It may help you.

i did this too but  :-\ :-\ nothing

What happens when you click on this link

http://www.blahblahblah.com/page.php?id=1

If it gives a page not found, it's your code.  If it tries to download, its your browser.

i just downloaded IE7 but it's the same too

is this on my own browser or all the ie's ??

thank you guys for helping

What do you mean by "nothing".

IE6 and 7 work fine here.

i did this too but  :-\ :-\ nothing

What happens when you click on this link

http://www.blahblahblah.com/page.php?id=1

If it gives a page not found, it's your code.  If it tries to download, its your browser.

i just downloaded IE7 but it's the same too

is this on my own browser or all the ie's ??

thank you guys for helping

hi guys i wanna thank every one who tried to help here

i solved this pb

i just type this at the top of the page

header("Content-Type : text/html ");

in fact all the page was missed up

php there html there js under  :o :o :o  :'(

but after organizing the page and sending this header every thing went good

thanks anyway guys  ;) 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.