Converting website from html to php

Hi Im totaly new to php but I  have a website in html hosted at yahoo and I have decided the time has come to host a real estate website with php as it will save time and look more profesional I have found a couple of products that look good my current site  is however very well ranked so i would like to keep the same url how difficult is this and are there resourses to help through it.

I would be very gratefull for any help  with the least jargon possible thankyou

Kind regards

Paul Stubbs

Using PHP would only make sense if you are going to have any dynamic content. It is possible to keep the same URL and the difficulty of the "conversion" depends on what kind of features you plan to implement on your website.

It is my intention to have dynamic pages for uploading properties to the site and also for visitor searches. Can you tell me if its possible yo upload the script to the server and gradualy swap it over file by file or what

I would recommend you to finish the site and then replace it with your old one. You can either choose to program it yourself or you might want to hire other people. You can use the free lancing forum here. There are also several freelancing websites designed for clients to meet professionals and vice-versa. Having a professional developer to make it for you could easily cost several thousands of dollars though. If you choose to make it yourself then there are several people here who are willing to help you. A third option would be to use a CMS (content management system) - there are several of such ones available free of charge.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.