Check out my new wordpress site (not a blog)

tibberous

Thats because you are using IE 7, I stopped supporting versions after 6, because my genuine advantage comes up saying I downloaded my copy off katz or something - plus you have to screw around to get both 6 and 7 installed at once, and only 22% are using IE 7.

I used conditional comments to kill the footer in IE 7 and print an error message - I can't test it, but I hopefully it works.

Thats because you are using IE 7, I stopped supporting versions after 6, because my genuine advantage comes up saying I downloaded my copy off katz or something - plus you have to screw around to get both 6 and 7 installed at once, and only 22% are using IE 7.

I used conditional comments to kill the footer in IE 7 and print an error message - I can't test it, but I hopefully it works.

The site looks ok, but I think you should reconsider this statement especially when putting a web based video player.

For some sites, you might be right, but for a free project, geared toward web developers, I'm not worried about being perfect for IE 7, especially when its market share in my audience is just slightly higher than Opera's, and they make it intentionally hard to test on. Discouraging the use of IE helps the community overall - and the player works fine in IE.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.