simple question

ahazin

As im looking at webhosts now and my website has some php in it which includes the mail function where the user fills in a form and then when the submit button is pressed the form gets sent to my email address.  In regards to buying a server i know it needs to allow php but does it matter if it simply has PHP or PHP5? 

Thanks in advance.

So basically both these hosting options:http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/hosting/ and http://www.easyspace.com/starter_hosting.php

will support this section of php:

<?php 
$to = "lucealmighty@hotmail.co.uk";
$subject = "Contact Us";
$name_field = $_REQUEST['name_field'] ;
$email_field = $_REQUEST['email_field'] ;
$message = $_REQUEST['message'] ;
$headers = "From: $email_field";
$body = "Name: $name_field \n E-Mail: $email_field \n Message:\n $message";
$sent = mail($to, $subject, $body, $headers) ;
if(!eregi("[A-Z0-9._%-]+@[A-Z0-9.-]+\.[A-Z]{2,4}",$email_field)) print ("<br><br><br><br><p align=\"center\"><strong><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\" font color = \"#FFFFFF\">Invalid E-Mail address please correct the error and try again.</strong></font>");
else if($sent)
{print ("<br><br><br><br><p align=\"center\"><strong><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\" font color = \"#FFFFFF\">Your message was sent successfully</strong></font>"); }
else
{print ("<br><br><br><br><p align=\"center\"><strong><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\" font color = \"#FFFFFF\">We encountered an error sending your message.  Please try again or call us on 07802 414985</strong></font>"); }
?>

Thanks in advance.  Really appreciate the help i got through these fourms.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.