New Wesbite

Twist

Hello everyone! just joined these forums as it looks like they are full of great knowledge that I will be needing!

Basically I am starting up a Chit Chat forum website. I would like my new website to be based mainly around the forums and wanted to find out which options I should go with. I used php a very long time ago I think it was php nuke with phpBB forums something along them lines? The security with that was rubbish though!

I want to know which php I should use and what forums I should use I am a serious newbie at this so sorry if I sound a bit silly and not making sense. Bu any help is greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks

Obviously we're going to vote SMF because that's what we use here.  And please read the board descriptions before posting in one.

Come off your high horse mate! Obviously were going to vote.. some people might have different opninions. I posted to get Views and opinions not aggression from you. Yes I do like the SMF forums. But screw it I will go elsewhere to ask my questions. Thankyou.

Obviously we're going to vote SMF because that's what we use here.  And please read the board descriptions before posting in one.

Come off your high horse mate! Obviously were going to vote.. some people might have different opninions. I posted to get Views and opinions not aggression from you. Yes I do like the SMF forums. But screw it I will go elsewhere to ask my questions. Thankyou.

I think you are the one some some aggression issues, he gave you we he likes and said that most mods on the forums might say the same thing thing since they use it here(he was not saying everyone on this forum is going to say SMF).

remember when you start forums they need to have a purpose. if your sole goal is to have a forum for people to chat in....well its going to be very difficult to stand out amongst the other sites that offer the exact same thing. Maybe try picking a topic you think you could cover for the forums and go from there. a forum without a direction will fail