Boxing Website

dcuellar

well you've used a template system...which is ok...graphics are a tad(well rather seriously) over the top on bandwidth.  Try compressing them a little.  Also I have a Huge monitor (yes size IS important despite what your girlfriend's says).  It looks a bot odd in there as the header image is too small for the site.

bandwidth I have plenty.

The header though, I know needs to be adjusted. I would set it to fit the screen, but then we'd get a stretched image. I've found that most computers screens work so I haven't really bothered.

I'm going to try and figure out a different way to put this header up...maybe in 3 pieces.

Any recommendations?

You need to have an area which can expand and contract unnoticed.  SO your current header will not work as is.  Look a t other sites to see what they have done.

I encourage looking at multiple screen sizes as the web is becoming harder to design for as we have NEVER had such diverse monitor/resolutions to design for. I can only image as the net goes truly mobile that this will get worse.

As for bandwidth...you may have plenty but your visitors may not!

to see expandable areas in its simplest form look at the tool bar at http://mambo-foundation.org/.  They have a fixed centre piece with a repeated edge allowing fluidity across vast monitor ranges.  As I said...simplest form so should get your brain thinking.

Best of Luck#

Will

I never said I made it from scratch.

I forgot, this forum has members with so much knowledge in creating websites that I didn't think you wanted to critique more than just my choice of template, colors, placement, content.

I'm sorry, I'll just stick to posting at other forums with lesser mortals all mighty TheFilmGod.

WHOA....bit harsh dc

This is a critique section...not a blow smoke up your arse section.

His comments are valid.  all you have done is create a graphic or two so there really isnt much to critique?  Don't be offended though, just take the comments on board or ask your friends instead (you know... the ones that tell you what you want to hear) .

Still wishing you good luck

Will

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.