[SOLVED] How to find the paths?

Eng65

Hi to all,

I have a Script that i would like to eventually upload to my hosts Server. Before i do that, i would like to try out the Script on Wamp Server on my PC. I know the paths the host server  (/home/mysite/www/

The config.php needs to be set up. As i want to try it out on Wamp on my PC. I am confused to what path i should put in these setting, so i can try the Script on Wamo Server?

I have included the script. I would be please if someone could explain what i need to do, and the paths that need to be set for Wamp Server.

Thank you

Eng65

<?

/***********************************

WEBSITE SETTINGS

************************************/

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// SETTING 1  (IMPORTANT)

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// this is the full path for the root directory of your website

define("FULL_PATH", "/home/freedir/www/");

// SETTING 2  (IMPORTANT)

// homepage of your main website ( base domain usually ex. http://www.mydomain.com/ )

define("DIRECTORY_HOMEPAGE_URL", "http://www.freedirectoryscript.com/");

// SETTING 3  (IMPORTANT)

// must include a forward slash at beginning and end !!!

// default setup would be "/directory/"

// for instance, if your links directory is http://www.domain.com/directory/

// then set this value to "/directory/"  [a slash before and after is required]

define("WWW_DIR", "/directory/");

/***********************************

MOD_REWRITING SETTINGS

************************************/

// If you want search-engine-friendly url's set MODREWRITE to true

// Fancy rewriting is off by default, your server must allow rewriting

// You must include the .htaccess file if you wish to rewrite URL's

define ("MOD_REWRITE", true); // if true, don't forget to set your .htaccess file

define ("MOD_REWRITE_EXT", "html"); // the file extension used for subcategory.xxx pages

define ("MOD_REWRITE_DIV", "-"); // the spacer-divider for sub-category-names-with-a-space.xxx (value '-' used in example)

$systemvals = array();

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// DO NOT EDIT BELLOW THIS LINE

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

require_once(FULL_PATH . WWW_DIR . "_libs/runtime.inc.php");

?>

This is the path to Wampserver on my PC  C:\wamp\www . I want to know what i put on line one on the script:

// SETTING 1  (IMPORTANT)

// this is the full path for the root directory of your website

define("FULL_PATH", "/home/freedir/www/");

C:\wamp\www?

What would be the path?

Thanks

Eng65

A single \ when within double quotes has special meaning and will escape the next char. Thus, for the single \ to remain intact, it must be escaped.

If you where using single quotes it wouldn't be needed.

define("FULL_PATH", 'C:\wamp\www\');

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.