I have flash cheaters in my arcade

Looktrne

Depending on how this is done, there are a selection of soloutions. If you mean people are submitting bogus scores to your high score table or such, that's an easier one to fix, just make each flash game provide a secret key passed over POST to the score script which will only accept scores containing that code. Or even better, encrypt the scores in the flash game and send as an encrypted string you can decrypt at the other end, so sending the score script large number won't affect it.

The other possibility i can think of is people using a RAM hack to actually change the numbers in your flash game on their computer. To my knoweldge there is nothing you can do about this.

They are changing values in the RAM. I did this once, but it was for educational proposes only, I didn't submit anything. Basically, there is a program out there, which name escapes me right now, that lets you change values in RAM. t isn't as easy as you might think.

I did it with desktop tower defense, which I found to have excellent cheat protection. It actully locks up if you give yourself too much money, and you tyr to spend it and buy too many towers.

Chris 

They are changing values in the RAM. I did this once, but it was for educational proposes only, I didn't submit anything. Basically, there is a program out there, which name escapes me right now, that lets you change values in RAM. t isn't as easy as you might think.

I did it with desktop tower defense, which I found to have excellent cheat protection. It actully locks up if you give yourself too much money, and you tyr to spend it and buy too many towers.

Chris 

The locking up might not be anti-cheat but rather the fact that the processor cant deal with the larger amounts or the flash cant deal with it rather then well desgined protection.

Chris 

The locking up might not be anti-cheat but rather the fact that the processor cant deal with the larger amounts or the flash cant deal with it rather then well desgined protection.

Sorry for the late response, been busy...

Anyway, the developer actully admitted it was an anti cheat thing.

Chris

Ahahahhahaha sorry, it twas me! Well not on your site but on some sites I use a program called cheatengine, It allows me to change the variables in my ram then it get passed onto flash. The way it works is u scan a program (IE: IE7) and u look for values with your score times by 8, then u change ur score and see what values change, then u know its that value that ur looking for and u can change the value for it, like If I want 250,000points I would type in 2,000,000. I find it fun to use! Unfourtunitly there is not really any known way to protect against these type of attacks, All I can say is get games written in java, There a little harder to alter the variables with.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.