Do you ever...

Aureole

Sometimes when I'm coding, I get a little bored... so I might make my variables have funny names, or make my comments witty. Not just for the sake of it, just to make coding a little more fun.

Sometimes I'll add little easter eggs into my programs too, I have a page that handles all the errors, but if an error isn't specified it says something like...

Error Not Found

The Error you were looking for could not be found, why you were looking for Errors is beyond me. Do you want me to be honest with you? You need help, my Friend. I'm sorry but it's true. Who in their right mind goes <em>looking</em> for Errors. There's so much more to life than searching for Errors. Errors suck, nobody likes 'em. Geez... what were you thinking?

... I don't do it much... otherwise I'd just be wasting time. :D

I'm just wondering if other people do similar things to make coding a little more fun now and again?

;D:D;D

no

Extremely well thought-out and interesting response, I enjoyed reading it. ::)

I've seen COMMERCIAL SOFTWARE, that has such things. Little hidden easter eggs and whatnot... so developers that are working on huge projects that people PAY for do it sometimes... so it's not just me. :D

I'm entertained enough by certain challenges involved with programming.  All I need is music and I'm fine.  I just zone out and go to town.  I barely comment my code enough as it is, you'll never see more clutter than what's really necessary in my stuff. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.