Need help

salhzmzm

hi

I have problem with my textarea.

what I am trying to do that I want the font be BOLD & color in the textarea just like in the FCKEDITOR.

but I don't know ho I do this.

I put in the testarea:

<center><b>hi</b></center>

but the hi doesn't appear bold just like what I write with the <b> & <center> tags.

so please help me.

thanks.

I just need the text in the textarea appear with bold and color and every thing just like in the forums when the user is going to register

to accept the terms of use so (vb forums) so I do not know how to do this.

maybe you can help me with this.

thanks for you any way.

better solution:

input {

font-weight: bold;

}

will change all textareas to have bold text. - But I warn you, everything in input fields, boxes, submit buttons will change too. You can also take it to the next step and do this:

input type=[textarea] {

}

I don't know if the 2nd example works

better solution:

input {

}

will change all textareas to have bold text. - But I warn you, everything in input fields, boxes, submit buttons will change too. You can also take it to the next step and do this:

input type=[textarea] {

}

I don't know if the 2nd example works

The only issue with that is that all of your input fields will then be in bold; buttons included - as your previously stated. That is why I gave the textarea's id a specific font-weight style. It is probably better to style an id or class for this one; instead of creating more specific classes and ids for the non-bold input fields - you know what I mean. ;)

The only issue with that is that all of your input fields will then be in bold; buttons included - as your previously stated. That is why I gave the textarea's id a specific font-weight style. It is probably better to style an id or class for this one; instead of creating more specific classes and ids for the non-bold input fields - you know what I mean. ;)

I agree with you. But my second example would only affect textareas - except it isn't supported in like 90% browsers, except opera.

input type=[textarea] {

}

I believe that the correct way to write this is

input:textarea {
font-weight:bold;
}

The code varies a great deal since it isn't "officially" a standard. Therefore, Opera and Firefox have different ways to support it. I do believe that your method is currently supported by more browsers than my method is.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.