Please test my site!

amitava82

An annoyance, more than a problem, is that during registration you ask for the user's country twice, and yet still ask for zip code. England for one doesn't use Zip codes. so how can they possibly be verified?

I've registered now, it may take up to 24 to activate my account, if they'll activate it, that is.

Sam

Thanks for the suggestions and finding the issues. Registration is only allowed for Graduate students. We do manual verification and then activate account. Thats why it takes 24 hours for activation.

Regarding GET protection.. Can you please give me an idea how to do it? I'm just a business student.. Don't have much in depth knowledge in PHP... :)

Can i use PHP strip_tags() function to do that?

Any more issues please let me know. Thank you!

Thanks for the suggestions and finding the issues. Registration is only allowed for Graduate students. We do manual verification and then activate account. Thats why it takes 24 hours for activation.

Regarding GET protection.. Can you please give me an idea how to do it? I'm just a business student.. Don't have much in depth knowledge in PHP... :)

If you have say $user = $_GET['user']; then instead use $user = htmlspecialchcars($_GET['user']); - That'll change < or > into < or > thus rendering xss obsolete.

Sam

Yes I figure that out from PHP manual and made the changes. Thanks for your help though.

Also I'm receiving all kinds of attack mails in my inbox after posting my site link here. I'm wondering if anyone from here is doing that for testing purpose or its just regular spam attack.. ???

If you have say $user = $_GET['user']; then instead use $user = htmlspecialchcars($_GET['user']); - That'll change < or > into < or > thus rendering xss obsolete.

Sam

Use $_SESSION instead of $_GET. GET should only be used to keep track of a page url or for a search - don't use it for info related to usernames

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.