htaccess help please

jokerfool

My host recently updated to php5 and I am having some issues on my site.

When a user visits a link e.g. blahabc.com/abc they're referred automatically to my default 404 page, thus the user now has to add the index.php extension after abc making it blahabc.com/abc/index.php

Now in my htaccess file is it possible to write something in there so when a user goes to blahabc.com/abc they're redirected to blahabc.com/abc/index.php?

Thank you.

If a user goes to the wrong path or even a path with just a folder .com/abc then at the moment they're redirected to my default 404 page which is fine.

What I wont to know is in the .htaccess file is there a command I can add so if a user goes to .com/abc then they're redirected automatically to .com/abc/index.php and not sent to the 404 page?

But if I want the user to go to domainname/software and want the contents of the software folder to load how do I do this in the htaccess file?

Do I add Directory Index software/index.php

Because since the host updated to php5 when i go to domainname/software I get redirected now to my default 404 page, which is not what I want. If I want to load the contents of the software folder I now have to type in domainname/software/index.php

I want to know if there is a shortcut I can place in the htaccess file so if a user does just go to domainname/software then it will load the contents because the htaccess file says something like " If user visits domainname/software* >> domainname/software/index.php

Possible?

Directory Index index.php

put it here

domainname/software/.htaccess

Directory Index needs to be one word:

DirectoryIndex index.php

However I would recommend you to have a word with your hosts about this though. Maybe they forgot to add index.php to the DirectoryIndex.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.