Have problem with input type=file value

Dathremar

After searching the web and not finding anything like this I decided to post my problem here, I hope some1 can help...

I made an upload page with 2 input fields. It works perfectly on local machine and on test server, BUT it does not work on the live server.

I used echo $myfile and echo $myfile1 (names of the input fields) to get the value of the variable after the submit and on the local server and test server I get empty variable (ofc when i leave the fileds empty) and when I leave the fields empty and submit the form on the live server I get the value Array in both of the variables.........

I really don't know why is this happening.. Is it something about versions of php, OS or something like that .... Everything i read so far says that input type=field CAN'T have default value ......

Maybe it is a newb question, but if some1 knows any info about this plz answer

Ok here is the definition of the input boxes:

<input name="myfile" type="file" class="text11_crn_bold" id="myfile" size=20>

<input name="myfile1" type="file" class="text11_crn_bold" id="myfile1" size=20>

And i am doing a checking if they are empty or not after submitting:

if (trim($myfile) == "")

{

if (trim($myfile1) == "")

{

do something if both empty

}

else

$error_msg = ERR_logo;

}

else

{

if ($myfile1 == "")

$error_msg = ERR_logo;

else

{

do something else if both full

}

}

}

So the thing is that it is always considering that the variables $mfile and $myfile1 are full and goes to the part to do something if both full no matter if i leave the input boxes empty or not. I used echo to view the value of the variable and it displayed  Array on the on line server and like I said on my local server and test server it is working fine. If you have more q about this tell me. Thx for trying to help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.