Modified my HELP HELP.

brainstormflash

I already posted this question but got ignored. I guess the guys didn't think its challenging enough.

but it is. so i decided to be a little bit more precise.

My friend has a restaurant and I need to build an application for a marketing "game" accessed by mobile phones. (in Japan by the way).

when someone access the restaurant's site he sees some info about the game rules.

you , the costumer, register and get a user name and password.

then you have some text fields that allow you to enter your friend's mobile email addresses.

(in Japan everybody uses the i-mode, therefore these mobile email addresses are treated exactly as regular email addresses).

your friends (that have just got a message with a link) are considered to be inactive until they reply to the link (sent by the website).

when they reply, you accumulate points ( you can win several prizes).

they can open an account as well, send to their own friends and get their own points.

In other words, it's a pyramid based structure (father -> children) . The friend's friend's friends will grant you some points but not as same as the direct children.

every user can access in any given time to its current points and use them in the restaurant.

i really want to do that, but I don't know how to start. how do I store a pyramid structured database where there is a relationship between father -> children. above all there is a special meaning for what rank in the hierarchy you are. because that modifies the all other nodes.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks for reading.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.