PHP script permissions?

tmallen

I'm using a dynamic method to generate pages in a Yahoo store. In short, Yahoo has some funny-looking HTML comments that its servers understand how to parse into relevant product information. I was wondering why my pages weren't rendering properly, and I was able to solve my problems by using a cache script: Yahoo will only render these comments properly if the file is set to 775, so using chmod() to the result file was enough to make the generated pages work normally.

This all feels very roundabout: Is there a way to make my files rendered dynamically (not the cache ones, the older method I explained) be recognied as 775 by the server? I'd really like to avoid having to cache all of these pages.

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.