How to retrieve/display database image - in an already complicated query?

JTapp

**Please forgive my overly complicated beginner's code and language**

Situation: My query currently pulls from two tables using    $metode LIKE '%$search%' 

I now have a new, third table that includes the same UniqueID as the other two.  I do not need to include it in the search function, but this new table is designed to store images.

Problem:  I need to retrieve the image (unique to my ID field) and display it on my webpage. At this point my stomach turns when I look at my existing code.  But I have to somehow add to my code to get this done.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

The new table is called 'tblLodgePics'

It currently has the following fields in it:

id varchar(15),

description varchar(255),

bin_data LONGBLOB,

filename varchar(50),

filesize varchar(50),

filetype varchar(50),

link varchar(255),

shownno integer(5),

clickcount integer(5),

lngLodgeID (this is my unique field that can be found in the other 2 tables)

Here is my current code to view it in (unformatted) action go to: http://www.la-mason.com/search15.html and search for 'Lodge Name' = "Abbeville".  I basically need to embed Abbeville's photo into this page:

//query details table begins

$query = mysql_query("SELECT tblLodges.strLodgeName, tblLodges.intLodgeNumber, tblLodges.strDistrictName, tblLodges.strLodgeWEB, tblLodges.strLodgeCounty, tblLodges.dtChartered, tblLodges.strLodgeAddress, tblLodges.strLodgeAddress2, tblLodges.strLodgeLocationCity, tblLodges.strLodgeLocationState, tblLodges.strLodgeLocationZip, tblLodges.strLodgeEmail, tblLodges.strLodgePhone, tblLodges.strLodgeFax,  tblLodges.strDrivingDirectons, tblLodges.dtMeetingTime, tblLodges.dtMealTime, tblLodges.strFloorSchool, tblLodges.strLodgeNews, tblOfficers.strFirstName, tblOfficers.strLastName FROM tblLodges LEFT JOIN tblOfficers ON tblLodges.lngLodgeID = tblOfficers.lngLodgeID WHERE $metode LIKE '%$search%' GROUP BY tblLodges.strLodgeName LIMIT 0, 50");

while ($row = @mysql_fetch_array($query))

{

$variable1=$row["strLodgeName"];

$variable2=$row["intLodgeNumber"];

$variable3=$row["strDistrictName"];

$variable4=$row["strLodgeWEB"];

$variable5=$row["strLodgeCounty"];

$variable6=$row["dtChartered"];

$variable7=$row["strLodgeAddress"];

$variable8=$row["strLodgeAddress3"];

$variable9=$row["strLodgeLocationCity"];

$variable10=$row["strLodgeLocationState"];

$variable11=$row["strLodgeLocationZip"];

$variable12=$row["strLodgeEmail"];

$variable13=$row["strLodgePhone"];

$variable14=$row["strLodgeFax"];

$variable15=$row["strDrivingDirectons"];

$variable16=$row["dtMeetingTime"];

$variable17=$row["dtMealTime"];

$variable18=$row["strFloorSchool"];

$variable19=$row["strLodgeNews"];

//table layout for results

print ("<tr>");

echo '<p><h3>' . $variable1 . '</h3></p><p>' . $variable2 . '</p>';

echo '<p>' . $variable3 . '</p>' . $variable4 . '</p>';

echo '<p>' . $variable5 . '</p>' . $variable6 . '</p>';

echo '<p>' . $variable7 . '</p>' . $variable8 . '</p>' . $variable9 . '</p>' . $variable10 . '</p>' . $variable11 . '</p>';

echo '<p>' . $variable12 . '</p>' . $variable13 . '</p>' . $variable14 . '</p>';

echo '<p>' . $variable15 . '</p>';

echo '<p>' . $variable16 . '</p>' . $variable17 . '</p>' . $variable18 . '</p>';

echo '<p>' . $variable19 . '</p>';

print ("</tr>");

}

?>                              </tr>

</table>

<hr width=75% align=center size=4>

<p><strong>Roster of Lodge Officers </strong></p>

<p>

<?php

//query details table begins

$query = mysql_query("SELECT tblLodges.strLodgeName, tblLodges.intLodgeNumber, tblLodges.strDistrictName, tblLodges.strLodgeLocationCity, tblLodges.strLodgeLocationZip, tblLodges.strLodgeCounty, tblOfficers.strFirstName, tblOfficers.strLastName, tblOfficers.BusinessPhone, tblOfficers.PersEmail FROM tblLodges LEFT JOIN tblOfficers ON tblLodges.lngLodgeID = tblOfficers.lngLodgeID WHERE $metode LIKE '%$search%' LIMIT 0, 50");

$results=mysql_query($query);

echo "<table border='1'>

<tr>

<th>Officer First</th>

<th>Officer last</th>

<th>Officer Email</th>

<th>Officer Phone</th>

</tr>";

//

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($query))

{

$variable1=$row["strFirstName"];

$variable2=$row["strLastName"];

$variable3=$row["PersEmail"];

$variable4=$row["BusinessPhone"];

//table layout for results

print ("<tr>");

echo "<td class=\"td_id\"><h3>$variable1</h3></td>\n";

echo "<td class=\"td_id\"><h3>$variable2</h3></td>\n";

echo "<td class=\"td_id\"><h3>$variable3</h3></td>\n";

echo "<td class=\"td_id\"><h3>$variable4</h3></td>\n";

echo "<td class=\"td_id\"><h3>$variable5</h3></td>\n";

print ("</tr>");

}

?>

Which query in your code are you trying to add this to? You have two queries in your supplied code. If it is the first one, try this:

SELECT tblLodges.strLodgeName, tblLodges.intLodgeNumber, tblLodges.strDistrictName, tblLodges.strLodgeWEB, tblLodges.strLodgeCounty, tblLodges.dtChartered, tblLodges.strLodgeAddress, tblLodges.strLodgeAddress2, tblLodges.strLodgeLocationCity, tblLodges.strLodgeLocationState, tblLodges.strLodgeLocationZip, tblLodges.strLodgeEmail, tblLodges.strLodgePhone, tblLodges.strLodgeFax, tblLodges.strDrivingDirectons, tblLodges.dtMeetingTime, tblLodges.dtMealTime, tblLodges.strFloorSchool, tblLodges.strLodgeNews, tblOfficers.strFirstName, tblOfficers.strLastName, tblLodgePics.link
FROM tblLodges 
LEFT JOIN tblOfficers 
ON tblLodges.lngLodgeID = tblOfficers.lngLodgeID
LEFT JOIN tblLodgePics
ON tblLodgePics.lngLodgeID = tblLodges.lngLodgeID
WHERE $metode LIKE '%$search%' 
GROUP BY tblLodges.strLodgeName 
LIMIT 0, 50

And of course to get the value for the image, you would just echo out

$row['link']

Ok, it is communicating with the new table and my link is showing up.

But I don't think I wrote my echo right... ?

echo $row['link'];

Well, does that make the link show up? If so...then whats the problem? What does it echo out? If it only prints out the url and you want it to be a link, then you can do this:

<?php

echo "<a href='{$row['link']}'>Link</a>";

Yeah.. I figured you saw my latest posting.  But I noticed you were offline and didn't know if I would ever hear from you again.

Seems like an old posting with responses might not get any more attention - I don't know.

Regarding "solving" the posting.. the option to "click here" to solve is now gone.  I've got a couple of postings like that.. I don't know how to get rid of them..

Thanks again.

Okay...I either got hacked or a moderator went in and edited my signature. I'm not sure why they would change all my links to go to "darkmindz.com", so I'm guessing I got hacked. I guess I'm off to change my password.

Okay...nevermind. Everyone's signature links seem to be leading to "darkmindz". Strange.

pocobueno1388 - You helped me with this query a couple of days ago and I was wondering if you had a minute take a look at my other post.

Its a mysql_fetch_array error message..in the same php code... I had to change some things on the top part of the code - but that area of hasn't changed.  I'm quite puzzled...

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,183774.msg821963.html#msg821963

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.