Unsure about error

Topshed

Hi,

I am trying to get a "contact me script" to work but an error in the config file is giving me problems

but it is something not to be edited

/// edit end
$urlh = getenv(HTTP_HOST);
$siteurl = "http://$urlh";

?>

The error it get is

Use of undefined constant HTTP_HOST - assumed 'HTTP_HOST' in \contact\config.php on line 7

I googled the problem and as far as I can tell, it may be because I am using a windows host rather than unix

any help / suggestions  please

Thanks

topshed

It is simply due to poor coding. The getenv() function expects a string.

Change...

$urlh = getenv(HTTP_HOST);

to....

$urlh = getenv('HTTP_HOST');

I would probably consider using another contact me script, this is a simple mistake and one that should not be made by any decent developer.

Well, the error was in fact corrected by the PHP runtime, turning HTTP_HOST into 'HTTP_HOST', so I suspect the problem IS actually related to your operating system. Environmental variables are NOT to be trusted between windows and linux, hence HTTP_HOST might exist on 1 and not the other. Instead I would rely on the $_SERVER variables as MOST of these are populated with the information you want.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.