2 onclick functions on the submit button

ballhogjoni

How do I execute two functions on one click:

<input type="button" name="Submit" value="CLAIM YOUR KIT"  onClick="CancelChat()" onClick="check(form,form.elements.length)">

The problem is that only one fuction executes when I write the code like the above. I need both functions to execute at the same time.

fenway,

I tried that and I get an objected expected error. The problem is that the CancelChat() & check() functions work if they're alone (not being called by the wrapper function). So I don't think its a syntax error within the CancelChat() or check() functions, more along the lines of the function you gave doesn't call the functions correctly. I noticed the "fnction wrapperFunction( eForm ) {

" was spelled incorrectly, so I fixed that, but I still get the same error. I am a newb so I could be wrong here. Thanks for your help.

This is a simple solution.

First remove the inline js. Then create a listener for click of that button.

function buttonListener(){

document.getElementById('button id').onclick = wrapper;

}

function wrapper(){

//your other functions go here

}

onload = buttonListener;

For variable scope, variables listen within a function, are local scope and can only be accessed within the function itself, but if you call a variable outside of a function, then it it a global variable and you can access it anywhere.

Not true, in Javascript any variable declared globally (outside a function) is accessible from inside a function unless you specifically declare a local version with var. Here is an example:

var test1 = 'declare global 1';
var test2 = 'declare global 2';
var test3 = 'declare global 3';

function runTest ( test3 ) { //Variables declared as arguments are always local
  test1 = 'inside 1'; //Alters the value of the global test1
  var test2 = 'inside 2'; //Local variable, global test2 remains unchanged
  alert("--INSIDE--\ntest1: "+test1+"\ntest2: "+test2+"\ntest3: "+test3);
}

alert("--BEFORE--\ntest1: "+test1+"\ntest2: "+test2+"\ntest3: "+test3);
runTest('argument');
alert("--AFTER--\ntest1: "+test1+"\ntest2: "+test2+"\ntest3: "+test3);

I don't know that that is always true. I declared the following variable outside a function today:

var target = document.getElementById("elementName")

and was not able to use it inside the function. I had to bring it into the function for it to be usable.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.