I need some help installing FFMPEG

Basically what I want to do is create a site similar to zamzar.com, where I can convert videos online. I understand that using FFMPEG is the best way to do this.

Thing is, I am having problems installing it. I've been been to numerous tutorials which don't work and they all say to do this

Copy avcodec.dll to system32

Copy avformat.dll to system32

Copy php_ffmpeg.dll to PHP/ext

Write extension=php_ffmpeg.dll to php.ini

I have done that and it still doesn't work.

I am using EasyPHP 2.01b, can you please help me?

You do realise that even (if/)after you get all of this working your going to have a pretty hard time finding a host that supports this ffmpeg extension? Simply for the fact that its not an official php extension.

Most hosts (Linux) should however have ffmpeg (not the extension) installed, you can access this quite simply via the exec family of functions.

I'm running EasyPHP on my computer. I installed FFMPEG, I ran the exe, and I still can't get it to work. With EasyPHP, I right click on it's icon, go configuration, php extensions and the php_ffmpeg is highlighted red and I can't tick the box!

I have no experience of ffmpeg but I don't think ffmpeg comes as a php extension. Instead you just install the ffmpeg binaries on your computer then to use ffmpeg in your PHP scripts you use the exec family of functions as thorpe suggested.

If that is so, would you please suggest an alternative that I could use to complete my project?

ffmpeg is probably your best solution. However, just reiterating what wildteen just said. There does actually appear to be a ffmpeg extension available for php, but as far as I can see it is not official. ie Its not contained in either the php source or PECL.

What that meens is even if you get this extension installed and working on your development server your going to have a real hard time finding a host that will support this extension.

Drop the extension idea, install ffmpeg, then access it via the command line and php's exec functions.

I said all this a few posts ago by the way, seems you simply chose to ignore me.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.