Create email accounts with PHP

Welling

I want to create e-mail accounts in the server, I know there're scripts that opens the cPanel and creates the accounts but I don't want user this method.

Are there another method (with exec or other...) to creace email accounts in the server?

Thanks

The OS is:

Linux *****************.com 2.6.22-9_1.BHsmp #1 SMP Sun Feb 10 15:57:22 MST 2008 x86_64

but I don't know the mail server... I have access to SSH but I don't know how to see this...

Thanks

EDITED TO REMOVE HOST - SA

Hmmm, I'm not sure if and what the command is to tell you which mail server is installed, but Postfix is quite a common Linux mail server - If I remember correctly, Postfix stores all of its data in a MySQL database  so see if there is a database set-up for it. If so, you're in luck, I think you just have to add a record to the users table and create a directory to store the users mail in, check the manual. If not, I'm no longer help to you...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.