HELP!!!I Need to create a FORUM for my website

kimelda

If you need someone to just give you all the code, you should go to a freelance site and pay someone to code it for you. This forum is for help, not to program things for people. If you post code and your problem, then someone would be more than happy to help you.

There are plenty of free forum softwares out there, just Google it.

Download one for free. phpbb (or is it phpbbs?) is decent.

When is their new version coming out, and I heard they've supposedly fixed a mess of vulnerabilities, errors, etc..of that sort?

but I agree, phpBB boards would be a good start.

When is their new version coming out, and I heard they've supposedly fixed a mess of vulnerabilities, errors, etc..of that sort?

PHPbb3 came out not too long ago...

Some of the people here have probably written forum boards (I know I have) but to just give it out would not help you at all. There would be so many changes necessary to make it fit your needs and interface with your database it isn't feasible. Our code is probably written such that you would have a very hard time understanding parts. I know I'm often a very messy coder. Downloading one designed for easy integration is your best bet.

PHPbb3 came out not too long ago...

Hmm, I guess I'll have to check it out.

Has anyone else messed with them?

I have messed with lots of different forum software including phpBB, but have to say that myBB (www.mybboard.net) is the best I have seen, very easily customisable and friendly support community.

Try a few out and see what you think.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.