APC doing very strange things

Hi,

I just installing APC the other day, and have been frustrated trying to make file upload progress work ever since. I have a simple test form with the APC_UPLOAD_PROGRESS hidden field with value set to a random md5 hash generated per page refresh, and another script which takes that hash as a get var that I pass to it manually and (supposedly) print_r's the apc_fetch array.

Once in a blue moon, it will work fine and print the array, but only after the file upload has finished. apcinfo confirms that the entry gets added, after the upload has finished. Quite often however, it just never appears in the list, and the script returns nada.

This is whats in my php.ini:

extension=/usr/local/lib/apc.so (which exists, from pecl install apc)

apc.enabled = on

apc.optimization = off

apc.rfc1867 = on

apc.rfc1867_freq = 4096k

apc.rfc1867_name = APC_UPLOAD_PROGRESS

apc.rfc1867_prefix = upload_

phpinfo() shows it being loaded and vars being set properly.

Also, do I need to apc_store in the file upload script? I was under the impression that its done automagically, nothing Ive read says its needed.

This has me completely stumped. Could someone list all the php.ini vars i need set in order for this particular function to work? Are there any modules that conflict with this one?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.