My Company website - Thanks!

jade

what do you think?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think?

• yay
    • nay

Hi, this is quite honestly my first post. I do not intend on posting and bailing, as I am a lover of code.

So I'll be hanging around here when I can.

My site is: www.apsurd.com

Please give your opinions and feedback on anything you feel is relevant.

The site's current purpose is to collaborate with customers.

For example if they don't know how a particular service looks,

I can link them to it, as well as product descriptions, and quotes.

Here is an example of the quoting system:

http://www.apsurd.com/services/breakdown.php?prod=g18500&share=10-2&qty=16&spc=1

I hand coded 95% of this site with notepad ++

It takes me forever, but I enjoy coding.

P.S. The user login pages actually do work, but there's not a lot that is "live" so I have not set up a test account.

Thanks all. ;D

www.apsurd.com

Hi there, it's me ))

So...My impressions:

1) Design not bad. I like it... But there are several details, which I'd change, as I were you.

for. ex.: pagination (samples.php)... Make pagination: text-decoration: none, color: #000 (or #FFF), background-color: #FFA029 (or darker)

2) Top menu green lines "services and "products" ... I think, it would looks like better, if you make this lines in the same width. In IE7, "services" is more shorter than "products"

3) Mouseover links in top menu (yellow and light blue lines)... I dont like the effect on mouse over. It doesnt look nice when the text(links) moves to the left ot to the right. Try this links to make with border (same width when it hovered) [same color as bg], and when user hover links, create script and change just border color.

4) http://www.apsurd.com/products.php?a=4

vertical align of links (ALL, TRACK, OUTDOOR) - middle, not top...

So its my opinion on the web ))

As for me, programming part of the web is good. I try to find some critical mistakes. ) If I find it, I will contact you ) 

Not a very professional looking website. Try to lower the border size of each image and take away "aim" as a way to contact you. Using aim is not business like.  :-\

Overall, the website is pretty good.  A few other things I would change: change the hover effect on links, fix how the links on the top menu are shifted each time I hover, validate your code - for beginners you don't start with a <html> tag, and don't close certain code correctly, like

<blockquote>

. I found these mistakes without actually plugging it into a validator, don't use <center> to center divs, shorten your title description, search engines will find it as spam since it's so long. Use a meta description instead. No color scheme. Not consistent throughout. Different font colors, sizes, different link colors... what is going on?  ???

I also don't like how the pictures goes from left to right to left to right... Doesn't register well in my mind.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.