Is there a script out there for this? I can't figure this out...

aaricwon

Hello everyone. I really want to make a database of Fighters. This will be for a sport called Brazlian Jiu Jitsu. The database will be searchable. Once you fight a fighter you click on his name and his stats will pop up and a list of who he fought and when. On the list of Who he fought, the opponents names will be clickable and take you to their profile page showing all of their info and their fights etc.

A perfect example of what I want is here: http://combatrec.com/display_athlete.php?fighter_id=17130

That is a database of MMA fighters. The only difference is mine will be Jiu Jitsu fighters.

I am too new to be able to create something so complicated though and don't have the $ to pay someone (no idea even what it'd cost)

Is there a already made script out there that I could do this with?

???

Not really but to give you a couple starters you would have a multi table database. one table would hold all your fighters with name, weight, style, blah blah blah. You would also have a table which would hold all the fights. this table would have a link to the 2 fighters match with details on the fight. win, loss, KO, rounds blah blah blah. Then you could have a table with stats for the match. fields like number of kicks, number of punches, blocks, blah blah blah. Each table would be linked with the unique identifier the stats table would have a matchid which would point back to the matchid in the match table, fighter one and fighter 2 would have a fighterid which would link back to the fighter table. Then you would use queries to retrieve all the data.

Ray

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.