php or not php

Sean_J

Hi all,

I was hoping some one could help me and give me some advice. I want to design a web site where advertisiers can log in and alter there own adverts as and when they like, can anyone tell me if I would need to know php do this.

As I have never used php before, I have ordered a book called "Larry Ullman, php and msqpl for dynamic web sites", would this be any use to me?

Thanks in advance

Sean

PHP is definitely the best option for websites like that. That is PHP's originally inception ;). I remember when I learnt from a book and I didn't particular like it - so I learnt from the Web instead. And yes, there is so many support sites out there for PHP - theres a never-ending cycle of sites that are willing to help you. There's also PHP.net mailing list as well, which I highly recommend. To do that sort of site, it won't take you long - and certainly will need a database for the advert modifications that you'll allow. Good luck :).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.