Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atomic Taco

How do I get apache to recognize <? instead of just <?php *SOLVED*

You can only change this if you have access to the php.ini file on your server.

If you do, scroll down to about line 80. And you'll see [b]short_open_tag = Off[/b]. Change the 'Off' to 'On'. And then save the file and restart your web server.

[!--coloro:#990000--][span style=\"color:#990000\"][!--/coloro--]Jeremy[!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--]

Thanks. I'm changing this on my testing server which is my own personal PC so I'll have access.

Now where'd that SOLVED button go?

I wouldn't do that if I where you. Get in the habbit of using the correct tags. Most shared hosts dont support short tags. It makes working with xml that little bit more difficult, and they are depricated.

Oh, I always code with <?php, but I was trying to get a third party script to work that had over 100 files that I didn't want to go through and fix.

Ever heard of [i]sed[/i] and [i]awk[/i]?

[!--quoteo(post=374154:date=May 15 2006, 04:40 PM:name=thorpe)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(thorpe @ May 15 2006, 04:40 PM) [snapback]374154[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--] Ever heard of [i]sed[/i] and [i]awk[/i]? [/quote]
I'm on Windows, so, no

Find and replace then?

[!--quoteo(post=374170:date=May 15 2006, 06:18 PM:name=thorpe)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(thorpe @ May 15 2006, 06:18 PM) [snapback]374170[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--] Find and replace then? [/quote]
That works, but on all the programs I know you have to open each file one at a time and perform the find/replace.

[!--quoteo(post=374173:date=May 15 2006, 06:29 PM:name=Atomic Taco)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Atomic Taco @ May 15 2006, 06:29 PM) [snapback]374173[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
That works, but on all the programs I know you have to open each file one at a time and perform the find/replace.
[/quote]
UltraEdit-32 editor does search and replace in files (even in sub directories). You can download the trial version and get it done.

[a href=\"http://ultraedit.com/index.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=10\" target=\"_blank\"]http://ultraedit.com/index.php?name=Conten...showpage&pid=10[/a]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.