Router Help

CammyD

Hey guys!

I need some help with my Belkin F5D8631-4 router.

Is there anyway i can disable the config page when i type in my WAN IP (as i am running a server).

Whenever someone on my network connects, it gives them the config page.

When people off my network connect, they get my server.

Is there any way i can make it so i can only config the router is via 192.168.2.1

Do you have an option to switch on something called 'loopback'?

It would be quicker for your internal users if you set up an internal DNS server so that you could route all of your internal requests for that domain name to the servers IP, instead of it going out of your local network, bounce around the internet and be sent back. If you have a small network though, it would probably be easier to edit the HOSTS file on each machine.

You have to go to port forwarding. Since it's a belkin router I don't know what it is (I use Linksys). Set port 80 (http) to be forwarded to the server's ip. Also you may want to disable remote management on the router.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.