What to do?

unsider

In the last few weeks I've been observing possible options for making money with PHP as early as high school (currently enrolled as sophmore) producing a steady income before graduation.

I currently do not have the skill/money/server-space to create a large scale websites like google, imageshack, facebook, myspace. WHile I realize these sites are commercially run and most likely have teams of programmers creating them.

But while these sites may have a lot backing them, they are ultimately successful due to the fact that they are useful, and people find a reason to use them.

So obviously I don't want to copy these ideas because there is already a more effective method, and I won't be able to to facebook/youtube, etc..but I'm curious.

What is out there that hasn't been done that I could potientally create a large-scale userbase? I have recently observed some of the 'ask a question, have it answered by our users'-esque websites, such a yahoo, etc.. and have considered this as a possiblity. Observing the possible faults, such as, allowing it to become too large, etc..and this seems like a goal I may work towards.

I have also talked to other members here about options like collecting clietns and just creating websites, and throwing together a portfolio, and this seems like the most realistic option, and I may ultimately start doing this when I feel I'm profiecient enough.

Now that I have written this out, it may be misguided, or completely pointless, even stupid, but it's obvious I'm confused, and I'd like to hear some opinions, thoughts, etc.. to help me sort it out. So excuse me if this seems like unorganized thoughts.

I'm also a little sick right now, so my head is stuffy, and I'm not thinking 100% clearly. I will edit this later, and clear my head, in attempts to sort it out, so don't barrage me too much.  :D

So obviously I don't want to copy these ideas because there is already a more effective method, and I won't be able to to facebook/youtube, etc..but I'm curious.

What is out there that hasn't been done that I could potientally create a large-scale userbase?

If anyone has the answer to that, it's extremely unlikely that they're going to shout about it on a public forum ;)

Haha, I was thinking of that when I was typing this, and I was hoping they would use a creative work around, or mention something that has been done, and use that as their basis.

Still, any opinions are welcome.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.