php filesafe and security problems

ozux

Hi everybody,

We are providing Shared webhosting services on Apache webserver and PHP5 and Mysql+Postgres and we have a problem --A big security one!.

Our problem is related to php safe_mod, if I disable (off) this mod, every user can execude what they want or she can use some sort of shell programs like (php_shell) and in other hand our customers need safe_mod for some applications like OSCommerce, Self made  Applications and so on, Now:

"How Can I enable safe_mod but restrict users to run system commands through PHP or installling malicious application like php_shell that can be harmful for other users on shared host?"

You can setup PHP to disable certain functions/classes which will prevent users from using these function in thier scripts.

; This directive allows you to disable certain functions for security reasons.

; It receives a comma-delimited list of function names. This directive is

; *NOT* affected by whether Safe Mode is turned On or Off.

disable_functions =

; This directive allows you to disable certain classes for security reasons.

; It receives a comma-delimited list of class names. This directive is

; *NOT* affected by whether Safe Mode is turned On or Off.

disable_classes =

Thanks, It's useful.

and other thing: Is it possible to log every file access by php? I want to create a log in my server that shows me which Virtual Host executes which php file. Now we have session logging  with "session.save_path" variable but it just logs the Sessions activities.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.