Checkbox instead of option value

mkr365

Hello,

I have a site where you can select for example a "categorie", after the selection (option value) the information is from my database.

Next problem: At the moment i'm using option value's but i really want to use checkboxes. I'v tried to changed my code so that the checkboxes are active, but they aren't working.

Is it difficult to change this? Or can somebody see something is wrong in my code?

The original code with option value (which is working fine):

[color=red]<tr><td>Rubriek:</td><td><select name="categorien"><option value="">Selecteer...</option>';
$sql = "SELECT * FROM rubrieken INNER JOIN groepen ON rubrieken.GroepID = groepen.GroepID WHERE Groepnaam = 'Architect' ORDER BY Rubrieknaam ";
$result = mysql_query($sql) or die(mysql_error()); 
while($query = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
	if ($_GET['categorien'] == $query['RubriekID'])
  			echo '<option value="'.$query['RubriekID'].'" selected>'.$query['Rubrieknaam'].'</option>';

The code which i tried to change:

[color=red]<tr><td>Rubriek:</td><td><select name="categorien"><option value="">Selecteer...</option>';
$sql = "SELECT * FROM rubrieken INNER JOIN groepen ON rubrieken.GroepID = groepen.GroepID WHERE Groepnaam = 'Architect' ORDER BY Rubrieknaam ";
{
  			echo '<input type="checkbox"'.$query['RubriekID'].'" selected>'.$query['Rubrieknaam'].'';
	else
		echo '<input type="checkbox"'.$query['RubriekID'].'" >'.$query['Rubrieknaam'].'';
}
echo '</select></td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2"><input type="submit" value="zoeken"><input type="hidden" name="zoek" value="true"></td></tr>
	else
		echo '<option value="'.$query['RubriekID'].'" >'.$query['Rubrieknaam'].'</option>';
}
<tr><td colspan="2"><input type="submit" value="zoeken"><input type="hidden" name="zoek" value="true"></td></tr>[/color][/color]

You need to brush-up on your HTML

checkboxes need  name and value attributes

echo '<input type="checkbox" name="categorien[]" value="{$query['RubriekID']}" selected>'.$query['Rubrieknaam'].'';

checkboxes don't have select.../select tags around them

Only checked checkbox values are posted.

Cool, that helped me a lot further! It's almost working :)

The search works just fine now but I can only search for 1 checkbox, if i select multiple checkboxes than I see only the results from the last one selected. Is there some way to show the results for multiple selected checkoboxes?

<tr><td>Rubriek:</td><td>';

{

echo '<input type="checkbox" name="categorien" value="'.$query['RubriekID'].'" checked>'.$query['Rubrieknaam'].'';

else

echo '<input type="checkbox" name="categorien" value="'.$query['RubriekID'].'">'.$query['Rubrieknaam'].'';

}

<tr><td colspan="2"><input type="submit" value="zoeken"><input type="hidden" name="zoek" value="true"></td></tr>

Sorry for asking, but do i have to insert the next code:

foreach ($_POST['catogorien'] as $cat

{

// process

echo $cat, '<br/>';

}

Or do i only have to change name="categorien" to name="categorien[]" ? (this last thing isn't working)

Sorry for asking, but do i have to insert the next code:

foreach ($_POST['catogorien'] as $cat

{

// process

echo $cat, '<br/>';

}

Or do i only have to change name="categorien" to name="categorien[]" ? (this last thing isn't working)

Did you try both?

Well if i change it to name="categorien[]" i get the following error:

Unknown column 'Array' in 'where clause'

code:

{

echo '<input type="checkbox" name="categorien[]" value="'.$query['RubriekID'].'" checked>'.$query['Rubrieknaam'].'';

else

echo '<input type="checkbox" name="categorien[]" value="'.$query['RubriekID'].'">'.$query['Rubrieknaam'].'';

}

You mean there something wrong with the where clause?

Hello,

Well i have several errors:

Undefined index:  bedrijfsnaam in C:\\webroot\\Nieuw Bouwref\\headerarchitect.php on line 232

Undefined index:  categorien in C:\\webroot\\Nieuw Bouwref\\headerarchitect.php on line 241

line 232 : <tr><td>Bedrijfsnaam:</td><td><input type="text" name="bedrijfsnaam" value="'.$_GET['bedrijfsnaam'].'"input SIZE="30"></td></tr>

line 241: if ($_GET['categorien'] == $query['RubriekID'])

Seems like "bedrijfsnaam" and "categorien" are unknown.