Event updater and news form

GSto

So I have no experience with PHP what so ever, I just pretty much learned and copy and paste...

I made my friend a website for his racing, and I manually update his upcoming races and have to go into the .php to add news, etc..

I was wondering if there was a way where the upcoming races could be automatically updated?

Also if there was a way where I could just easily submit a new news article through a forum and post it to the home page directly?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

If you want to take a look at what I mean, the website is bobbykendallracing . com 

I am not trying to advertise, or promote anything, just trying to get help with PHP!

Well, of course there is a way to do what you describe.  Just write some code.  And no - I (and the others in THIS forum) am not going to write it for you.  OTOH we will help you with the code that you write - the active word there being 'you'.

Your best bet would be to use a CMS (content management system).  There are several kinds out there, most are free, but most are not super easy to edit to get the site to look the way you want without some decent knowledge of php/htlm/css.  I have a personally made CMS that I distribute at http://amecms.com/download .  I would not say that mine is super easy to integrate either but it's easier than most in my opinion.  It also has a number of the features already built in that you are asking for and currently use on your site now.

It has a articles plugin for the news feature and a gallery plugin for your current gallery that you can download too and install at the same time.  Since your site is already using divs and css, this shouldn't be too difficult and will allow you to have all the features you want and more.

Your best bet would be to use a CMS (content management system).  There are several kinds out there, most are free, but most are not super easy to edit to get the site to look the way you want without some decent knowledge of php/htlm/css.  I have a personally made CMS that I distribute at http://amecms.com/download .  I would not say that mine is super easy to integrate either but it's easier than most in my opinion.  It also has a number of the features already built in that you are asking for and currently use on your site now.

It has a articles plugin for the news feature and a gallery plugin for your current gallery that you can download too and install at the same time.  Since your site is already using divs and css, this shouldn't be too difficult and will allow you to have all the features you want and more.

I agree, but if the colleague wants to learn, he'd better build the admin panel himself. Because if he just installs a CMS then  he could not learn anything.

To the OP, I will give you a joker -  you will need an admin panel with a form and a DB, one INSERT, SQL statement, UPDATE and a bunch of SELECTs ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.