submit button

lisa33

hello i am in the process of making a contact form that has an upload video file. I would like to know if there is a way to have the infomation in the form sent to my ftp server instead of an email address when submitted. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

That doesn't really make any sense. Form data always goes to your webserver, what you do with it at that stage is up to you.

Do you actually have a script that you are using?

as in upload the file to your server instead of emailing it?

try hitting google for "php upload file"

should give you some good pointers to get started,

not too complicated

yes i want the information uploaded to my server instead of it being emailed to an email address. is that possible??? im not very firmiliar with php but im trying to learn. i have created a form in dreamweaver and i am now just trying to activate it with php.

Yes that is possible, as I said once you get the form data, PHP can do with it pretty much whatever you like. Currently you must have a script that is taking the information and attaching it to an email, this can be changed or replaced entirely to do something different.

Upload scripts as Amites said are very common so searching google or visiting hotscripts.com would be a good start.

Otherwise you can post your Form and let people here show you how to make one for it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.