Making Quotes Readable

I know that you are trying to cut back on the amount of spaced used by quote boxes - but what if the quote is from OFFSITE and therefor is not repeated? You can barely see the box text with a "font-size: x-small" setting.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, change the CSS to something like this:

/* A quote, perhaps from another post. */
.quote {
background-color: #eee;
border: 1px solid #aaa;
margin: 1px;
padding: 5px;
font-size: 90%;
line-height: 150%;
        /* If something is worth quoting...
        it is worth seeing */
}

Don't make all use look at small text just because some people don't know how to use the quote button.  ;)

No, display is set at the presentation level. There is no way SMF could set that absolutely.

Simply open http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/Themes/default/style.css?fin11 and change that file to the code above.

It should never be left to the user to make sure a site is readable - that is the sites job. Plus even if I change the font size the background is still dark purple which is horrid with black text (maybe if the text was white...). I could make the change myself in 9.2 sec with access to the FTP account ;P

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Phasellus eu nunc. Nulla turpis felis, tristique tincidunt, viverra id, consequat non, purus. Sed quis purus. Integer justo leo, placerat id, aliquam ut, ultricies in, ipsum. Praesent erat augue, tempus eu, vestibulum at, pretium viverra, leo. Proin est. Aenean egestas facilisis neque. Sed porta facilisis mi. Fusce nec arcu ac mauris laoreet cursus. Sed in sapien in risus tincidunt varius. Proin augue ipsum, commodo euismod, porttitor vel, dapibus eu, dui. Praesent diam turpis, sodales eu, ornare id, congue suscipit, lorem. Nulla felis. Quisque est. Nunc fermentum, mauris ut consequat mollis, mauris mauris imperdiet nibh, eget vulputate tellus pede at orci. Curabitur vel enim. Praesent magna. Curabitur pellentesque lorem eget arcu. Nulla lacinia dapibus elit.

Cras elit. Maecenas accumsan. Mauris placerat felis id sem. Aenean tempus iaculis arcu. Vestibulum cursus dapibus nibh. Pellentesque ullamcorper felis at erat. Sed consequat gravida leo. Nunc nisi quam, eleifend non, lacinia eget, suscipit eu, nisi. Morbi vehicula. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Sed dignissim est a risus.

I don't think that's particularly small. If you're having trouble reading it you could always increase the text size in your browser.

I could make the change myself in 9.2 sec with access to the FTP account ;P

We don't use FTP ;)

Sweet  ;D

Now I won't second-guess myself when I have to use a quote.

TEST POST FOR QUOTES

A.K.A a post count increaser?

Ha nope i couldnt see the diffrence so i thought must be on new posts, Till i refreshed the page sorry. And deleted my Temp Files, Cookies Etc ... ... So i am sorry if it seemed like a post count increase.

It seems that setting the font size to a percentage has a downside. Nested quotes are becoming increasingly more small... I'll see what I can do about that.

oops, I can't believe I forgot about nesting.  :-[

Anyway, the site looks great now.

font-size: 11px;

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Do  you think that we could also increase the code size? 9pt is a little small on a 1280 or lager screen. Plus the outside border is a bit close to the text so a increased padding would be nice.

font-size: 10pt;
width: 98%;
padding: 1%;
border: 1px solid #aaa;

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.