4 replies to this topic

#1 harlequin2k6

harlequin2k6
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:10 AM

so this would be the line of code I'm talking about:
  echo "<li>" . $row['BoardMemberName'] . $row['BoardMemberTerm'] . $row['BoardMemberElection'] . "</li>";
and if you look at this [a href=\"http://test.suncoastusbcba.org/board.php\" target=\"_blank\"]page[/a] you'll see what I mean about wanting to format it - there's no spacing between any of the fields so unless you know what it is that you're reading it's really not going to make any sense

any help would be greatly appreciated

#2 trq

trq
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 31,041 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:33 AM

can you format your question a little clearer? I have no idea what your talking about.

#3 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:40 AM

the value of $row['...'] is just like, text right? so wouldn't you just be applying normal css rules to it, like to your <li> tags or something? maybe throw in a br tag in your loop? i don't really see how this is a php question. yes, be more specific in your question.
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#4 AndyB

AndyB
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,465 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:00 AM

For example, this would add spaces between the fields. What you do is up to you:
echo "<li>" . $row['BoardMemberName'] . "  ". $row['BoardMemberTerm'] . "  ".$row['BoardMemberElection'] . "</li>";

Legend has it that reading the manual never killed anyone.
My site

#5 harlequin2k6

harlequin2k6
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:09 AM

I apologize that my question was so unclear...my inexperience with php is really causing me some trouble...I even tried to go through the explanation again and couldn't make it come out any clearer [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":huh:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"huh.gif\" /]

but this is what I finally came up with which is what I was looking for

echo "<div class=\"boardmembername\">" . $row['BoardMemberName'] . "</div>" . "<div class=\"boardmemberterm\">" . $row['BoardMemberTerm'] . "</div>" . "<div class=\"boardmemberelection\">" . $row['BoardMemberElection'] . "</div>";

I was not grasping the fact that the "." is a string concantenator (sp?)

all that I was trying to achieve can been seen here with the [a href=\"http://test.suncoastusbcba.org/board.php\" target=\"_blank\"]"Directors"[/a] section

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users