Give me your opinion...

thesoggycow

I really like the tone of the texts on the noodledude site. Almost makes me want to let him do my taxes (though there would be no point since I don't like in the US).

Design wise it's not THAT bad, but it needs a touch of variation. I personally think it would look really good with some greys to soften the rough edges, and a single pastel colour. I'm thinking some pastel green. Any other primary or secondary colour would probably work too, though I wouldn't use red (to aggressive).

Also the layout is way too 'boxy'.

The layout is fucked up in IE 6 by the way.

For soggycowdesigns.com: It isnt my typical good layout-content combination, but i like it only cos i find it kinda funny. The logo, main background and content background are silly enough, even if they have some originality. Oh and your works preview images are very low on quality. PS: Isnt that $200 per hour a bit high for coding?

For noodledude.com: Dont know what your aim was, as it seems like a very old newspaper-insipired design. Not that its bad, but the color lack is really serious. As suggested above, id use some grays and a blue-green combination on low saturation (meaning 'pastel').

By the way, i tested them with ie7 and fx2 on 1440x900 resolution and the results were mainly the same in both browsers.

Thanks guys...

@448191

Wasn't aware of the layout being fucked up in IE6... Pretty sure I took care of most of it... I'm not going to screw with the fact that IE6 can't understand what "position:fixed" means...  IE in general sucks. Doesn't comply with standards that are applied above and beyond in every other browser out there. Pisses me off...

Its funny you say you like the text... It was just some stuff I threw in there when I was half asleep and delirious but my client likes it a lot too... As for being "boxy" any ways you could think of to combat this? I'm always up for suggestions.

@GuiltyGear

I'm going to add some color... I think muted yellows... I'll play with it.

I didn't notice the images at SGD were so low quality... Thanks for pointing it out, I'll change them out. As for charging $200 an hour for coding... I have one word for you, "Realtors". After the pain they put you through you $200 an hour doesn't seem like enough. Plus I'm fast :-P.

Once again thank you guys... definitely appreciate it!

Wasn't aware of the layout being fucked up in IE6... Pretty sure I took care of most of it... I'm not going to screw with the fact that IE6 can't understand what "position:fixed" means...  IE in general sucks. Doesn't comply with standards that are applied above and beyond in every other browser out there. Pisses me off...

Yeah, I generally have file of 'if IE 6' hacks. It sucks, but there's nothing to be done about it.

The sad part is that ppl still use ie6. At least ie7 has fixed lots of bugs (many remain though) and with ie8 coming along the way, guess it wont be far from abandoning ie6. Those guys at micr0s0ft must be really insane, as they're still producing non-compliant browsers, thinking there are so many far better browsers out there (that dont complain about geniune sh*t and stuff).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.